Windows 10: windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad

Discus and support windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad on HP laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Road Ranger, Dec 19, 2019.

1. windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad

windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad on HP laptop

:)

Road Ranger, Dec 19, 2019

2. turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 19, 2019
  3. lacarinus Win User
    No option to turn off touch pad?

I recently updated my laptop, the trackpad on which has been blessedly disabled for two years, only to immediately find that it had somehow been activated. I cannot see that there is an option to simply disable it in options, just to make it less sensitive,
    which doesn't appear to help at all. I tried uninstalling the software twice, only to restart my computer and see no change, I do not have a function key to turn it on or off, and all suggestions for others with this issue to suggest turning it off via the
    hidden icons menu, which does not have an icon for touch pad settings or anything related on my laptop, or to turn it off in startup programs via task manager, where it also doesn't appear.

I've been at this for an hour and I'm about ready to just tape the damn thing over, suggestions?

lacarinus, Dec 19, 2019
  4. arliedog Win User

windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the box to disable the touch pad but the setting does not stick and has to be rechecked after every reboot. Is there a way to get this setting to stick? There is no disable setting in the device manager for the Synaptics touch pad.

arliedog, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad

1. windows 10 1903 disabled the option to turn off touch pad - Similar Threads - 1903 disabled option

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  6. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  7. No option to disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No option to disable touch pad: After the most recent update in August, I can no longer disable my touchpad. There is no option in the settings to disable, and no toggle button that will turn it on and off either. Is there some new way to disable the touchpad since I use an external mouse? It is pretty...
  8. F3 will not turn the touch pad off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F3 will not turn the touch pad off.: Since windows 10 was updated on 8-13-19 the F3 button will not turn the touch pad off on my laptop. How do I correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3-will-not-turn-the-touch-pad-off/88add288-0a1b-4909-8228-04615bea1448
  9. Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10

Turn off touch pad on HP with windows 10: I have looked online for answers to this questions. There are many, none of them seem to apply to my computer. I did have to reset the settings and it's since them that I can't shut it off...
  10. touch pad windows 10 how to turn off

touch pad windows 10 how to turn off: how do I turn off mouse pad for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-windows-10-how-to-turn-off/be94cb8a-f543-44e4-8116-1304598d62cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 disable multi touch