Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 feature update version 1903 took over 2 hours, file explorer and the search bar refuses to work. Tried restarting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SnehaMathews, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working

After installing Windows 10 feature update version 1903 took over 2 hours, file explorer and the search bar refuses to work. Tried restarting the system and file explorer via task manager, to no avail. Also opened the system via safe mode. Both file explorer and search bar refuses to work. No file or folder can be opened. Could some one please help.

:)

SnehaMathews, Jul 31, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. ZonalDon Win User

Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working

single file preventing the 10 1903 update

single file preventing the 10 1903 update not listed in program list- not found in search- not found in File Explorer ...pt_BR.dir is the file ... wot can I do

ZonalDon, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working

1. Windows 10 1903 feature update: File Explorer and Search not working - Similar Threads - 1903 feature update

2. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10: When I try to search within all my other folders within file explorer, it will let me; but when I try to search within one specific folder the search bar temporarily fills in completely grey and I can't search.This file is located on the shared server, but I can use the...
  3. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10: When I try to search within all my other folders within file explorer, it will let me; but when I try to search within one specific folder the search bar temporarily fills in completely grey and I can't search.This file is located on the shared server, but I can use the...
  4. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Cortana
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  6. Search function in search bar and file explorer not working after feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function in search bar and file explorer not working after feature update 2004: Hi all As per title, I also am aware of the solutions in Reddit regarding this problem, but they don't work for me as well. I've tried creating registry to disable Bing, restarted my computer, ran sfc /scannow, rebuilding index, using troubleshooter (it couldn't identify the...
  7. File explorer search feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer search feature: Hello, It has been 2 updates or so since it doesn't work how it used to. Before, when I went into my file explorer and type something on the search bar on the top right corner, it would search on all my hard drives I have 7 of them. Now I have to manually enter in each...
  8. File explorer reverting search feature?

in Cortana
    File explorer reverting search feature?: Hey community, since the latest Windows 10 update the search function of the file explorer functions different, as alot would have probably noticed. And I hate it. I can't use tag/attribute searches anymore for example "width:x" If I want to search something else I have to...
  9. File explorer search does not work properly after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search does not work properly after 1903 update: Hi all, so after doing the 1903 update on one of our computers (from 1709), the File explorer search seems to be... to put it bluntly, basically broken. At first, when searching something, depending on the string, the results would be either, about a quarter of the files...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....