Windows 10: Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

Discus and support Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did a clean installation of Windows 10 1903 last week. Now, I can't see file extensions. Under File Explorer Options, I have unchecked "hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 萬物為銅, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

I did a clean installation of Windows 10 1903 last week. Now, I can't see file extensions. Under File Explorer Options, I have unchecked "hide extensions for known file types". Still, file extensions won't show. I have also unchecked "hide protected system files". Yet, they don't show up.

:)

萬物為銅, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 .bak file extensions not showing

Hi Tom,

The .bak file is a file extension of the backup files. To delete the unwanted backup files, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type backup, then select
      Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • Under Back up or restore your files, click Manage space.
    • Under Manage Windows Backup disk space, you will see the
      Backup location
    • Under Data file backup, click View backups.
    • Under Select a back period to delete, choose the backups you want to delete.

Note: You have an option to delete the earlier system image to save a disk space. To do so, check the following steps:

• Go back to the Manage Windows Backup disk space window.
    • Under System image, click Change settings.
    • Under Select how Windows retains older system images, choose from the 2 options.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Riel Alc, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension

1. Windows 10 1903: files won't show extension - Similar Threads - 1903 files won't

2. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  3. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some extensions won't show up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some extensions won't show up.: Hi, while I was messing around with some of my files I noticed that there were some .mad files that wouldn't show their extension. I think this is weird because I can see the extension of any other file, but not .mad Here's a photo: [ATTACH] Thanks in advance for the...
  6. Associate a file extension in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Associate a file extension in Windows 10: Hey, I have just installed Endnote X9 Referencing Manager Application on my second pc.. It has created a icon for it and the program opens up and I am able to access the usual link through Word. My issue though is when I download the citation reference from my web site,...
  7. Windows 10 1903 won't update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 won't update: Update stalls at 65%. Tells me can't configure one or more components. Also Error 0x80246019 comes up. Can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-wont-update/16cc9ec3-a863-479f-b64c-573773ed00ea
  8. Why Does Windows automatically show file extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Does Windows automatically show file extensions: Why Does Windows automatically show file extensions. I uncheck the File Name Extensions in the folder view tab under show/hide. Then for now reason Windows will re-check File Name Extensions in the folder view tab under show/hide. This is SO ANNOYING. How do I permanently...
  9. Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides file name...
  10. Explorer shows file extensions suddenly

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer shows file extensions suddenly: Explorer shows file extensions suddenly, and can not be unchecked. 75368