Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning. After upgrading(?) from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now 1903, on an old but still very performing Toshiba TECRA R850, I was plagued by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Antoine Roederer, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate

Good morning.

After upgrading(?) from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now 1903, on an old but still very performing Toshiba TECRA R850, I was plagued by freezing with no alternative but to hold the power button to reboot. I looked for months for a solution on the Internet with no result working in my case.

Now my problem seems resolved after the following:

1) Go to Device Manager's List

2) Go down to Universal Serieal Bus controllers and open the drop down list

3) Left click and update drivers for the following:

Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller – 1C2D

Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller – 1C26

4) Restart the computer.

In my case, this seems to have resolved my "Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly, and after sleep or hibernate" problem.

Others seem to have had problems with these devices, see:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/intelr-6-seriesc200-series-chipset-family-usb/755c7557-cb03-4761-8bdc-bad07efaaa79

I hope this can help somebody.

Antoine

:)

Antoine Roederer, Nov 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate

1. Windows 10 1903 freezing randomly and after sleep or hibernate - Similar Threads - 1903 freezing randomly

2. Programs freeze after sleep or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs freeze after sleep or hibernate.: Hello. I am currently having a problem where if I keep programs open while my laptop goes into idle or hibernate mode, some or all freeze when I wake my laptop. I've tried updating windows/dell drivers, factory resetting my laptop, scanning for viruses, "scannow" "restore...
  3. Programs freeze after sleep or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs freeze after sleep or hibernate.: Hello. I am currently having a problem where if I keep programs open while my laptop goes into idle or hibernate mode, some or all freeze when I wake my laptop. I've tried updating windows/dell drivers, factory resetting my laptop, scanning for viruses, "scannow" "restore...
  4. Programs freeze after sleep or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs freeze after sleep mode or hibernate windows 10

Programs freeze after sleep mode or hibernate windows 10: I usually keep a few programs open all the time on my pc like chrome and discord, but when my system turns on from sleep mode or hibernate they get stuck. Sometimes I have to reset my pc just to get them up and running again. This problem started after I factory reset my pc...
  6. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  7. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  8. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

9. Windows 10 random freezes and hibernations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 random freezes and hibernations: Since last week I've been getting random freezes for like 2/3 minutes, and today it started with random hibernations. I'm using a Thinkpad T450s with Windows 10 Pro version 2004 build 19041.329 My specs are: 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and i5-5300U I want to know if other ppl is...
  10. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel series 6 c200 windows 10 sleep hibernate