Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, To illustrate this issue, I will be using OneNote 2016, which, in Windows 10 1809 with High Contrast Black and Modified Background Color,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErolD.IT, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ErolD.IT Win User

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps

Hello,

To illustrate this issue, I will be using OneNote 2016, which, in Windows 10 1809 with High Contrast Black and Modified Background Color, worked correctly, and appears to have broken since upgrading to Windows 10 1903 (being a Windows problem, not an Office problem).

Example Problem:

Windows 10 1903. Using High Contrast Black with default settings works correctly in OneNote 2016 (white text with black background). However, when changing the Background Color in the High Contrast setting to ANYTHING other than #000000, this causes the text in OneNote2016 to have a red background which is not editable as it is an override for theme purposes and not a highlight.

Example:

HighContrast Black (default color pallete aka default Background color)

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps 211aebbe-96ea-434f-b42c-3fb1d8d5caf6?upload=true.jpg

Correct Corresponding OneNote 2016 Effect:

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps 49d218da-1bab-40fc-8ab4-ed823f679c49?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black Changing Background One Tick To Right(#030303) (the reason you want to change the background color is certain objects such as web objects cannot be seen regardless of changing various other settings for buttons, but by changing the background color to something more dark grey, they become visible from the edges. This illustration is not using dark grey, but only one tick to the right from black to emphasize the erratic behavior in OneNote 2016).

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps 5e1ae52b-4eec-4cc1-9d40-2001679d74ec?upload=true.jpg

OneNote 2016 Result (these are not text highlights you can change. This is the effect from a modified HighContrast Black setting in Win 10 1903).

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps 7cf13e6f-d364-4b9a-b471-d9ff2067f946?upload=true.jpg

I have been using this OneNote 2016 Notebook during Win 10 1809 with High Contrast Black modified Background Color and it was working correctly. Since upgrading Win 10 to 1903, it is now broken; indicating a feature failure in the update.

I am constantly ignored in these forums and things I report through feedback hub are ignored, which is where I placed this issue. I am gaining zero traction with this as far as I can tell. Can someone please escalate this issue. This is EASILY testable using a Win 10 1809 machine with OneNote 2016 and Win 10 1903 machine with OneNote 2016 to illustrate the example.

:)

ErolD.IT, Aug 13, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Background Color is black

Hello,

To set the background color of your desktop back to default, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization and click on Colors.
    • Scroll down to the bottom and click High Contrast Themes.
    • Select None if you want your background to be set to default.

Let is know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Background color setting disappear after High Contrast set back to off

Hi,

I enabled once the High contrast trying to find a way to inxrease the windows borders. When I switched-off the High-contrast the screen remains full black and background color setting disappeared.

The Personalization page informs that the background color option is disabled due to ease-of-access function but when I revert there, there is nowhere a setting for the background color.

it seems like I stack. I have used also the themes of windows which jest affects the color of the windows boarder but never reset the background color.

It seems a bug or I have missed out something.... Well, this ease of access is not so easy....

any ideas?

thanks

nikospoulos, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps

Turn off high contrast colors in win 10 and restore to defqult colors

None of the suggestions has worked. My desktop has changed back to the original theme I had saved, but when I am on Chrome, all the tabs show in high contrast with black background and colors that make it hard for me to read. How to change that?

MimiAndrews, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps

1. Windows 10 1903 High Contrast Black With Modified Background Color Breaks In Some Apps - Similar Threads - 1903 High Contrast

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  6. Chrome goes black on windows 10 high contrast mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome goes black on windows 10 high contrast mode.: Hi, recently chrome has started to go black on windows 10 high contrast mode, it didn't do this before. I managed to fix this in Firefox with "Override the colors specified by the page with your selections above" but chrome doesn't seem to have an equivalent? Please help....
  7. High Contrast

High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  8. stuck in high contrast black screen

stuck in high contrast black screen: Hello! I seem to have lost my normal windows 10 desktop appearance, and am stuck in high contrast black; the personalization screen doesn't seem to work; A quick fix needed to get back to normal appearance! Thanks...
  9. Background is Black not it org color

Background is Black not it org color: Background is black to much Yellow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-is-black-not-it-org-color/3f23bde0-6afe-4b1e-8792-fdc273de83ed
  10. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988