Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad.

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently downloaded the Windows 10 1903 update, and I noticed that I'm no longer able to do 2 finger scrolling in the start menu. I can still do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SAV772, May 23, 2019.

1. SAV772 Win User

Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad.

I recently downloaded the Windows 10 1903 update, and I noticed that I'm no longer able to do 2 finger scrolling in the start menu. I can still do it in all of my applications, just not in the start menu. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, do you know of a fix?

Thank you.

:)

SAV772, May 23, 2019

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 23, 2019
  3. zongo Win User
    TrackPad Fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update

Issue:
    Track Pad Fingers 2 fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update.
    Just after a Win 10 update for 'Asus Smart Gesture', the two finger scrolling is not working any more.

Event logs below:
    Faulting application name: check_os.exe, version: 1.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x54c88609
    Faulting module name: check_os.exe, version: 1.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x54c88609
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000108b
    Faulting process ID: 0xde4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d10426346ae5df
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\check_os.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\check_os.exe
    Report ID: b8f66c9d-5d72-4531-9ed6-b508433d087b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Troubleshooting steps:
    Uninstalled
    Restarted the system
    Fresh Installed latest version Asus Smart Gesture, but no go. Still exact same issue as above.

Expectation:
    I am expecting to be able to have the two fingers scrolling running as before. More so that it was working and now not since last update from Windows 10 for Smart Gesture Asus.
    Not having the two fingers scrolling is really a PAIN.

Any help is of course much appreciated as I have run out of idea on how to solve the issue.

Thanks

zongo, May 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad.

2 finger scrolling issues on Windows 10 apps

After upgrading the OS on Dell XPS L502X laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am facing a very peculiar problem related to the 2 finger scroll. 2 finger scrolling works perfectly on desktop apps like IE12, but it doesn't work at all on Windows 10 store
    apps, and even on built in apps like EDGE. It is also not working on the start screen.

I have updated the Synaptic touch pad drivers from Dell's website. Still the 2 finger scrolling is not working on modern apps. Kindly let me know if there is a solution to this problem.

Satish SinghVA, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad.

1. Windows 10 1903 issue -- Can't do 2 finger scrolling on track pad. - Similar Threads - 1903 issue Can't

2. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  3. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  4. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can't scroll with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't scroll with 2 fingers: I can't scroll with 2 fingers, I've tried the solution below but the tab in step 4 of both methods doesn't exist, i also tried installing synaptics but just keep getting a message popup saying no need to install synaptics pointing device driver Method 1: Change the Mouse...
  6. search images or searches enlarge while scrolling with 2 fingers on the pad.

search images or searches enlarge while scrolling with 2 fingers on the pad.: My HP just did an update yesterday and now I cant search or scroll a search without it blowing up the images. It will just enlarge them to the max. Like I said this just started with an update and prompt to restart computer. I cant figure out whats going on with the touch...
  7. Two finger scrolling issue

Two finger scrolling issue: I am unable to use two fingers to scroll on my computer running Windows 10. It won’t let me select anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling-issue/24106588-17fa-41d8-806e-7454dbacb8da
  8. DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.

DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.: DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work. The pointer works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-3147-touch-pad-2-finger-scroll-dont/79088348-d4f6-4462-9b43-1d8a8c814292
  9. Track pad on windows 10

Track pad on windows 10: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10. I was adjusting my settings and by mistake i turned off the trackpad and can no longer move the cursor! how do i turn the trackpad back on without the trackpad working?...
  10. Adjust Track Pad Scroll Directions in Windows 10

Adjust Track Pad Scroll Directions in Windows 10: I did a successful DELL restore. My laptop is now back to the way I had purchased it. Now my trackpad is back to original scrolling (backwards). When I go to the control panel and select Mouse, the system doesn't recognize I have a trackpad. How can I change this setting? It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scroll with 2 finger windows 10 version 1903

2. windows 10 version 1903 two finger trackpad scrolling

3. two fingers scrolling prblem in windows 10 latest update 1903

4. multi finger scrolling setting windows 10 1903,
  5. turn on two finger scroll windows 10 1903,
  6. windows 10 version 1903 touchpad two finger scrollling issue,
  7. touchpad issue with windows 1903