Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We've run into a serious problem on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Silverlight web applications are allowed to interact with local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zaxbowow, Sep 27, 2019.

1. zaxbowow Win User

Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

We've run into a serious problem on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903.

Silverlight web applications are allowed to interact with local components provided two conditions:

A) The web application is signed with the same signing certificate that has signed the local component

B) The following registry keys are set to 1:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Silverlight\AllowElevatedTrustAppsInBrowser

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Silverlight\AllowLaunchOfElevatedTrustApps

Starting with Windows 10 1903, a Windows operating system process, ccmexec.exe actively reverts any changes made to either of these registry key values. This has the effect of breaking Silverlight LOB (line of business) applications.

I can find no way to circumvent this, and the result will inevitably be disastrous and devastating for our internal and external customers using these applications as Win 10 1903 is deployed.

There is no Group Policy deployed in our org that would be involved in this new behavior, and this reversion is completely independent of Windows Defender process.

Any help or advice on turning off this active registry reversion "feature" would be appreciated.

Eric Helfgott

:)

zaxbowow, Sep 27, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Silverlight

Microsoft stopped developing Silverlight in 2012. Although it's still supporting Silverlight on Windows 10, for now, it's not supported on Microsoft Edge - you have to use Internet Explorer - and Google is either going to drop support for Silverlight or
    already has. It's old technology.

Microsoft: We're not killing Silverlight in Windows 10, but stop using it anyway

BulldogXX, Sep 27, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Silverlight 5 Available for Download

Today, we’re happy to announce the release of Silverlight 5. Silverlight is part of a rich offering of technologies from Microsoft helping developers deliver applications for the web, desktop and mobile devices. Download Silverlight 5, a free plug-in less than 7 MB in size that can be installed in less than 10 seconds.

New features in Silverlight 5 include Hardware Decode of H.264 media, which provides a significant performance improvement with decoding of unprotected content using the GPU; Postscript Vector Printing to improve output quality and file size; and an improved graphics stack with 3D support that uses the XNA API on the Windows platform to gain low-level access to the GPU for drawing vertex shaders and low-level 3D primitives.

In addition, Silverlight 5 extends the ‘Trusted Application’ model to the browser for the first time. These features, when enabled via a group policy registry key and an application certificate, mean users won’t need to leave the browser to perform complex tasks such as multiple window support, full trust support in browser including COM and file system access, in browser HTML hosting within Silverlight, and P/Invoke support for existing native code to be run directly from Silverlight.

For more information, visit the Microsoft Silverlight site. For additional information on support policy, visit Microsoft Silverlight Support Lifecycle Policy.

The Silverlight Team

qubit, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

Microsoft Silverlight browser malfunction

Hi,

Issues related with Microsoft Silverlight are usually occurring due to corruption upon its installation. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What is the model of your laptop?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are trying to access other websites?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided in this link.
    It serves as a guide on how to clean a corrupted Silverligh installation.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

1. Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications - Similar Threads - 1903 kills Silverlight

2. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  3. Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?: LOB Applications published in MS Business Store, even though setup for Mandatory Update do not Update. Windows 10 is on recent version still no success. This is the main reason for businesses to even use the store for automatic distribution. Please fix....
  4. Update 1903 Killed NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 Killed NVMe: I have always been against updating windows for obvious reasons. Google windows 10 killed computer and you will find many. Update 1903 was forced on my computer, which killed my main storage ($90 EX920 500GB M.2 NVMe), is there any way to hold Microsoft accountable without...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Breaks an application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 Breaks an application: Hi, I did an update to Windows 10 1903-18362.239 and it broke one of our applications with and Entry Point Not Found Error. I tried compatibility settings to fix the error but this did not work. I then did a clean install of Windows 10 to a new SSD drive and installed only...
  6. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network: Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a...
  8. Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared: If you use Windows 10 and any kind of Infrared adapter for dive computer, or other download device ---- DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION, 1903. It breaks something. [Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...
  9. Windows 10 updates and Silverlight

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates and Silverlight: Oh yes! I've just noticed that with the last few Windows 10 updates, Silverlight updates has failed. I've just removed it and now my question is, since it has been removed, will Windows 10 stop trying to update it. If there is further advice with this, please let me know....
  10. Silverlight Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AllowLaunchOfElevatedTrustApps

2. install silverlight for window 10 pro version 1903

3. cannot launch application because of Microsoft Silverlight on Windows 10 1903