Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Are there any documented cases of the Windows 10 1903 build allocating large amounts of hardware reserved RAM? I have an 8GB HP Envy x360,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alfie Payne, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

Hi all,

Are there any documented cases of the Windows 10 1903 build allocating large amounts of hardware reserved RAM?

I have an 8GB HP Envy x360, but it says that 2.1GB RAM is hardware reserved.

Having spoken with HP and tried to troubleshoot using msconfig and checking the BIOS, they have advised me that it is a Windows issue.

Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM 5e4cc07e-4d46-47e9-8172-43a253ec0790?upload=true.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Alfie

:)

Alfie Payne, Sep 20, 2019
  2. WadePoh Win User

Hardware Reserved RAM.

hi all,

I upgrade my window from 8.1 to window 10, and the usable ram only 3.2 GB.

But recently i upgrade also my RAM to 8 GB, but the only maintenance on 3.2 GB usable , and the remaining go through the hardware reserved (4.8 GB)

Anyway to solve this ??

WadePoh, Sep 20, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

Hi, some similar reports have been posted- if you search for these, ignore those related to using 32bit Windows on >4Gb RAM- that's not your situation of course.

Noted there are differences in the last two CPU-Z reports on your RAM, which may suggest something about that in slot 2.

See e.g.
    Hardware reserved memory issue - Windows 10 Forums
    on RAM issues.

BIOS update:
    I have 24GB installed RAM (7.95 usable) How do I fix this? - Windows 10 Forums

For more such posts, just search for Hardware Reserved

dalchina, Sep 20, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

Windows 10 and BIOS does not detect one RAM slot anymore

Do you have a large amount of RAM reserved for hardware? Have a look in the memory section for the Performance Tab in Task Manager. See if there is a large hardware reserved amount.

philc43, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM

1. Windows 10 1903 - Large Amounts of Hardware Reserved RAM - Similar Threads - 1903 Large Amounts

2. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. How can I change the amount of hardware reserved memory/RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the amount of hardware reserved memory/RAM?: I ma really struggling to play the good games like pubg and games like warzone. I has 8gb ram installed HP laptop. Amd 3550h processor with the integrated vega 8 graphics card. Its completely useless for a gamer. So I would like tk change my hardware reserved momory after 1...
  4. How can I change the amount of hardware reserved memory/RAM?

How can I change the amount of hardware reserved memory/RAM?: I ma really struggling to play the good games like pubg and games like warzone. I has 8gb ram installed HP laptop. Amd 3550h processor with the integrated vega 8 graphics card. Its completely useless for a gamer. So I would like tk change my hardware reserved momory after 1...
  5. Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM: Why is my hardware reserved so high? My windows 8.1 is not activated, but my hardware reserved is 5.4 GB out of 8 GB. I tried MSCONFIG but that did not work because the 2 boxes were already unchecked....
  6. Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM

Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM: Why is my hardware reserved so high? My windows 8.1 is not activated, but my hardware reserved is 5.4 GB out of 8 GB. I tried MSCONFIG but that did not work because the 2 boxes were already unchecked....
  7. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  8. 2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM: I've had 2100MB hardware reserved memory ever since I got my PC. I've tried Run maintenance task Setting maximum memoryMSConfig > Boot to 0 and turning it off Booting in Safe ModeIt was still reserved I've also tried checking the BIOS, but I couldn't find anything...
  9. Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM: I am using a DELL 660s PC, the time I brought it, it had 5.8GB usable out of 6 GB RAM which was onboard. This year I added an SSD and made it my main drive, now I see that it has only 5.6GB usable out of 6 GB RAM, since my workload increased, I increased the RAM to 8GB, but...
  10. Ram hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram hardware reserved: I have a small problem, in my desktop PC I have 16 gb ram DDR 4, and that's ok, but one day I decided to add additional 8 gb, and there is a problem, bios seeing all 24 gb but windows decided to reserve 12 gb. How to solve this? Thanks in advance. My system: Mb: ASRock b450...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram reserved for hardware

2. hardware reserved memory 2.1 gb

3. largeamount of ram reserved for hardware inspiron 3585

4. windows 1903 15.9 gb ram,
  5. windows 10 1903 reserved ram