Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a UBlox 7 GPS / GNSS USB stick that is working on 1809 on 2 different devices and not working on 1903 on 2 different devices (4 devices tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Willyarma, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Willyarma Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working

I have a UBlox 7 GPS / GNSS USB stick that is working on 1809 on 2 different devices and not working on 1903 on 2 different devices (4 devices tested total)

I've done the obvious of making sure location permissions are on and I have the correct sensor driver (v2.40) installed etc..

I am using the store app GPS Inspector and when its working "position source" says "satellite", but on the non working machines it will only either say "wifi" or "ip address".

Have I found a bug?

Is this a known issue and is there a resolution?

:)

Willyarma, Jun 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 location Service

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.
    • Are you using domain network?

Location controls might be turned off or on, and you may be unable to change these settings, if you’re using a device assigned to you by your workplace, or if you’re using a personal device at your workplace. If that’s the case, Some settings are managed
    by your organization will appear at the top of the location settings page.

I would suggest you to follow the below path and check if it helps.

• Select the Start icon on your taskbar, and then select Settings > Privacy > Location.

I would suggest you to check if the Geo Location service is enabled and started. If not you have to Enable and start the service. follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Geo Location services.
    • Right click on it.
    • Go to properties and change start up type to automatic.
    I would also suggest you to check refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Find my device not working

Hi Jigsaw, the reason the Location service is not working is the Yoga 900S does not have a built in GNSS chip to feed GPS coordinate data to the Windows Location service . . .

In order for GPS to work, this chip must be installed on the motherboard, like in the Mac you mentioned . . .

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 - Location service GPS / GNSS not working - Similar Threads - 1903 Location service

2. How to Supply Windows Location Services with NMEA GPS Data Via MQTT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Supply Windows Location Services with NMEA GPS Data Via MQTT: Hello,I have a question about getting my lattePanda Delta 3 864 with Windows 10 Pro to use NMEA GPS data fed to a locally served Eclipse MQTT server/broker-deprecated. I have a Beitian BN-880 connected to a PI Pico W that feeds GPS data to a MQTT server running on Windows 10...
  3. How to Supply Windows Location Services with NMEA GPS Data Via MQTT

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Supply Windows Location Services with NMEA GPS Data Via MQTT: Hello,I have a question about getting my lattePanda Delta 3 864 with Windows 10 Pro to use NMEA GPS data fed to a locally served Eclipse MQTT server/broker-deprecated. I have a Beitian BN-880 connected to a PI Pico W that feeds GPS data to a MQTT server running on Windows 10...
  4. How to Supply Windows Location Services with NMEA GPS Data Via MQTT

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GPS not working in Windows app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPS not working in Windows app: Hello,I've got several Panasonic FZ-G1 Toughpads on Windows 10 with internal Sierra Wireless Snapdragon GPS sensors. We are using them with ESRI Collector and Survey123 mapping apps which use the Windows location sensor. I suspect after a Windows update, the GPS has stopped...
  6. GNSS stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNSS stopped working after windows 10 update: Hello,I have been using Windows Maps for more than four years on my Samsung Galaxy Book tablet. At present I'm running Windows version 21H1 Build 19043.1586. The geolocation sensor is a Broadcom GNSS 4752 and is no longer recognized by Maps nor by the geolocation apps I wrote...
  7. GNSS stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GNSS stopped working after windows 10 update: Hello,I have been using Windows Maps for more than four years on my Samsung Galaxy Book tablet. At present I'm running Windows version 21H1 Build 19043.1586. The geolocation sensor is a Broadcom GNSS 4752 and is no longer recognized by Maps nor by the geolocation apps I wrote...
  8. Windows 10 GPS Location Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 GPS Location Issue: I moved from my old address in the US over a year and a half ago, yet every time I run location services on an app, or in a browser including Chrome, Edge, or Firefox it populates my Memphis, TN address. I currently live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have tried everything,...
  9. Is there a way to set GPS location manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to set GPS location manually?: I googled it and the only thing I found was the FakeGPS Sensor Driver. I followed their instructions but it didn't work. btw I'm not looking for VPNs submitted by /u/Kageyama_Ritsu [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues: Had anyone had any issues with location services not updating after the update to Version 1903? We have an application that is supposed to track your location as you are moving, but will only update when forced to refresh. It worked properly on the prior release of Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ublox gps does not share location with windows 10

2. how to set win 10 to use ublox only

3. Windows 10 1903 GPS via the inbuilt GNSS module does not work

4. which ublox driver should i use with windows 10 1803,
  5. ublox gps windows 10 no gps signal,
  6. no gps signal windows 10 1903,
  7. windows 10 1903 location greyed out,
  8. internal gps windows 10 ,
  9. UBlox 7 GPS / GNSS USB stick location service not working windows 10 1903,
  10. UBlox 7 GPS / GNSS USB stick location service not working