Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1903, the next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, may display a prompt to users to link more of their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 16, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt

Windows 10 version 1903, the next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, may display a prompt to users to link more of their devices and services to the operating system and their Microsoft account.

The prompt, "Let's make Windows even better -- this should not affect what you've already set up", is displayed in recent Insider Builds of Windows 10.

There is a chance that Microsoft will change how it looks or what it offers, or even pull it completely based on feedback that it receives.

The prompt is loaded automatically on first start of the system. It suggests the setting up or linking of features, devices, or services.

Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt lets-make-windows-better.png

The prompt is completely optional at the time; users may hit the "skip for now" link to skip it and continue to the Windows desktop.

It lists the following five services, that is what Microsoft calls them, that are powered by Microsoft accounts.

• Set up Windows Hello -- Sign in faster and more securely
    • Link your phone and PC -- Help your devices work in harmony
    • So more across devices -- Enjoy more seamless experiences
    • Get Office 365 ready -- Have your apps ready for launch
    • Protect your files with OneDrive -- Keep them backed up and accessible

Considering that these services require a Microsoft account, it is possible that users who sign in with a local account don't get to see the prompt.

Services that are set up already are not affected by the prompt and skipped. If you have not linked your phone and your PC yet, you are asked to enter your phone number on one of the prompts.

Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt link-your-phone.png

Microsoft would text a link to the entered phone number that contains a link to an app that users could install on the device to link it to the Microsoft account.

A click on do it later skips options.

Why is Microsoft doing that?

There are two sides to the explanation. Windows 10 users may benefit from tighter integration between devices and services, and the prompt highlights features that some users might be unaware of.

Setting up Windows Hello may lead to a sign-in experience that is more comfortable, and linking smartphones to Windows 10 devices may open up the possibility to exchange some data between those devices.

Second: linked devices and services are valuable to a company that bases many of its decisions on data and the interlinking of services and devices.

Now You: Is the new prompt useful?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 may display Let's make Windows even better prompt - Similar Threads - 1903 may display

2. Windows Randomly Says Let's Make Windows Better

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Says Let's Make Windows Better: So I turned my PC on and I logged in normally and after that It said 'Just A Moment" and then It said "Let's make windows even better". Didn't Update my PC recently or anything. Why did This happen randomly? I'm running 1909 btw. submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link]...
  3. Automatic Display Brightness Failure at Windows 10 1903 May Updating!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Display Brightness Failure at Windows 10 1903 May Updating!!!: After installing this new KB my laptop display brightness doesn't work correctly. I mean when the laptop is plugged-in the display brightness is supposed to increase automatically!!! Please help Thanks!!!...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1903 made it worst than making it better

Windows 10 Version 1903 made it worst than making it better: Before the update, my computer is running fine with a good internet connection. Now after the update, there are loads of problems. My computer runs much slower than before, my internet connection went haywire, such as running fine one time, then lag and disconnection later. I...
  5. Windows 10 update 1903 may 10

in Cortana
    Windows 10 update 1903 may 10: I really hate it, i cannot talk to Cortana without keyboard, i need a mic to talk to her, also many settings changed, also when i press on the cortana button, i have this [ATTACH] black bar not doing anything and i can't search any thing, REMOVE THIS UPDATE BACK THE OLD...
  6. windows may 1903

windows may 1903: when will windows May 2019 be available to all devices. I use windows 10 pro 1809, I cant wait to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-may-1903/33ed8da9-2155-4082-a1b4-57eb77804999
  7. How Windows 10 May 2019 Update makes Windows Search better

in Windows 10 News
    How Windows 10 May 2019 Update makes Windows Search better: Windows 10 does a great job of allowing you to find your apps, settings, pictures, and even web items from the search box. But the search box does not show results from all local storages. Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update adds a new feature that dramatically improves...
  8. Microsoft intends to make gaming on Windows 10 even better

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft intends to make gaming on Windows 10 even better: Last year, Microsoft confirmed that it has plans to make gaming on PCs better by improving the Store. Microsoft has once again confirmed its intentions to improve gaming on Windows and the company is seeking users feedback. Microsoft Store still has a few issues that could...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming: Work on the next version of Windows 10 continues while Microsoft is still preparing Windows 10 version 1809 for a re-release after the botched initial release of the new feature update for Windows 10. Windows 10 Insider PCs get new updates regularly and many of them...
  10. make windows better

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    make windows better: How we can make windows more secure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/make-windows-better/f254e71f-8722-4fb0-9551-90c305d5cee9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lets Make Windows Even Better

2. Lets make Windows even better 1903 disable

3. let s make windows

4. skip I dont have Internet prompt during Windows 10 1903 setup,
  5. disable lets make windows even better,
  6. how to disable lets make widows even better,
  7. lets make windows even better warning,
  8. let make windows even better,
  9. lets make windows even better prompt,
  10. windows 1903 download,
  11. windows10 1903 lets go