Windows 10: WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem

Discus and support WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to connect all our household computers on a local network and each one could access the shared files on all the computers. Since the W10 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmandaSolway, Mar 2, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem

I used to connect all our household computers on a local network and each one could access the shared files on all the computers. Since the W10 1903 update I cannot access the files. I can see the computers under the network tab on file explorer but when I click to open it says

"WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem [​IMG]

:)

AmandaSolway, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Network Connection Problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the adapter.

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter/Ethernet” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network/Ethernet adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

Note: A lot of variables are involved when you connect to a network: cables, network adapters, drivers, and routers. So troubleshooting network connection problems can be challenging.
    This article will help you find and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

You may also refer to the article:

Wired and wireless network problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope the information provided helps. For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Nachappa C K, Mar 2, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem

1. WIndows 10 1903 network connection problem - Similar Threads - 1903 network connection

2. Network connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connectivity problem: Hello I have a wireless desktop PC that connects to the Internet via a dongle. I now have a second desktop PC Advent SE2102 that I want to connect to the Internet using the same dongle, but I cannot see a list of available networks or my own network. I have installed the...
  3. Windows 10 network printer connect problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 network printer connect problem: My DNP DS40 network printer has stopped connecting after the last two Windows 10 updates. Error says it cannot connect to the printer because it cannot find its driver. Printer can be seen on the ethernet network but it can not find its driver so it can not connect....
  4. Network connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection problem: Hi, More often than not, when my laptop is turned on from sleep i.e. opened after it has been closed for a couple of hours I find that my laptop is not able to connect to wifi and I need to go through the trouble shooting diagnostics to solve it every time. After the...
  5. Cannot connect to network in Win10 1903

Cannot connect to network in Win10 1903: My computer has been suffering from Wifi problems recently. When I tries to connect to my wifi routers, the attempt would fail after a short period of time and say the mythic 'cannot connect to network'. I have been trying to eliminate it for tens of hours but in vain, with...
  6. network connectivity problems

network connectivity problems: I have two computers on my network, a laptop and a desktop. They are connected via a cable wireless modem router , VirginMedia supplied. My desktop can connect to the laptop but the laptop has the desktop on its list of other computers but I keep getting an error saying the...
  7. network connection problem

network connection problem: hi Microsoft: I am faced with an issue sometimes and I just do not get it. Why is it when I connect my smartphone and my laptop to the same network, the phone connects but few times, the laptop will not? It got an error message like no network found or something like that....
  8. Windows 10 v 1903 "Cannot connect to this network"

Windows 10 v 1903 "Cannot connect to this network": I have been having this "Cannot connect to this network" issue for multiple days now, I have tried fixing it for hours and hours .... I NEED HELP!!!! I thought it was the WiFi that was the issue, however other computers and my phone were able to connect to the WiFi. Then I...
  9. Local network problems with 1903

Local network problems with 1903: I have updated 3 of my 4 computers to 1903, now none of them can see each other in the explorer network section, but each of them can see the NAS drive on the network. I have checked the network sharing settings and they are all set as make this computer discoverable. Oddly...
  10. Network connection problem

Network connection problem: I'm having a real problem with my computer - I'm using Windows 10 Home, and the Microsoft Edge browser. I'm constantly losing my internet connection. From what I can tell, my router and modem are working fine. I've run the Network Diagnostic Troubleshooter and it can't...