Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem only started happening after I updated from 1809 to 1903 and I don't want to update to 1909 yet to see if it's fixed. I have two sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skyyblaze, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs

This problem only started happening after I updated from 1809 to 1903 and I don't want to update to 1909 yet to see if it's fixed.

I have two sound output devices, one is for my speakers, one is for my headset, I also have my PC listen to Line-In to the "Default Sound Device".

Now when I boot my PC and the sound is set to my speakers by default the Line-In sound comes out correctly over my speakers, however if I now if I set my default sound device to my headset the sound continues to come out over my speakers. To get Line-In playing over my headset I manually have to go into the properties of Line-In and set the "Listen to" device to my headset.

Does anyone can confirm this back and maybe knows if they fixed in in 1909 like said it wasn't a thing in 1809 and earlier.

submitted by /u/Skyyblaze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skyyblaze, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs

1. Windows 10 1903 not honoring default sound device for "Listen to" inputs - Similar Threads - 1903 honoring default

2. Recent Windows Up Causes Listening to Input Device on "Default Device" Needing to be Reset...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows Up Causes Listening to Input Device on "Default Device" Needing to be Reset...: First started maybe two months ago, a Windows 10 update To explain why I do this, I use a virtual audio device so I can listen to some audio that doesn't go to stream. This virtual audio device is simple: It is a device that some programs output to, like a fake set of...
  3. Listen to Line in sounds

Listen to Line in sounds: Since the last windows update I can not listen to Line in audio, I have my tablet plugged in to Line in and I watch while on my PC ,but I can not find how to turn on LISTEN to Line in, can not get sound working from Line in. Thanks for the help...
  4. Sound devices not recognizing headphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices not recognizing headphone input: I put my earbuds into the jack and they aren't recognized by Windows. If I boot my computer up with them in, they work. But take them out, and they won't work until next time my PC is turned off and on. Why, and what can I do to solve the problem?...
  5. sound inputs

sound inputs: when I connect my headphones to my laptop and pla[ATTACH]y a movie or a music, it says there isn't any audio to play!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-inputs/357efa9e-8385-4955-95bc-13beda5318d1
  6. Shortcut to change listening device

Shortcut to change listening device: On my System I use an Virtual audio cable as my default audio device so I select my actual output device as the listening device of the input of the VAC. I do this because some programs and games I use can't switch the audio device once it has started, therfore the VAC is...
  7. Sound input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925
  8. Sound input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925
  9. cannot change default sound device

cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...
  10. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797