Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've used eSATA drives with Windows 10 for years on two computers. After upgrading to 1903 the drives initialize fine but do not appear in the "Safely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bobbo707, May 24, 2019.

1. Bobbo707 Win User

Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable

I've used eSATA drives with Windows 10 for years on two computers. After upgrading to 1903 the drives initialize fine but do not appear in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" icon in the taskbar. In Disk Management clicking on the drive, selecting Properties, Policies shows no drive removal options. It looks like Windows 10 1903 is not recognizing the eSATA drives are removable.

:)

Bobbo707, May 24, 2019
  2. AmyBass Win User

eSATA device not recognized

Hi - I am having this same problem, I believe. My external hard drive (Fantom GFP2000Q3 Pro 2TB USB/eSata/Firewire) was working perfectly with Windows 7. I had it attached to my laptop using the eSata port. After I upgraded to Windows 10, however, it
    just was not recognized at all. I discovered that it works just fine when I plug it into the USB 3.0 port - Windows automatically recognizes it and it operates perfectly. When I plug it back into the eSata port though - nothing. I tried running the Troubleshooter
    (as suggested above) but Windows still did not even know it's plugged in.

I contacted Fantom, and they told me that these drives do not require any drivers to be installed with "modern" operating systems... everything it needs is already there in the OS.

So - try plugging your drive into the USB port (if your drive has one) and see if that makes it pop up. Post here if you find a solution to the problem, please.

Thanks!

- Amy

AmyBass, May 24, 2019
  3. eSATA device not recognized

This did not help resolve the issue of the system not recognizing the eSATA drive.

My system worked fine with Windows 7 64 bit, but will not connect to my external drive since the upgrade to Win 10.

theedtheweed, May 24, 2019
  4. Joel N. Win User

eSATA device not recognized

I have a 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 Hard Drive ( SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com ) in an Antec MX-1 eSATA enclosure ( Antec MX-1 SATA USB2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure - Newegg.com ). This worked fine on this same system
    running Windows 7 Home Premium, but Windows 10 Home does not see the device either in Device Manager or Disk Manger or File Explorer. All of my movies, music, documents, etc. are on this drive. It works fine on any Windows 7 system I have access to, but
    not my current Windows 10 desktop. Also, the JMicron JMB363 eSATA controller on my MSI P55-GD80 motherboard ( Used - Very Good: MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com ) does not show in the list of Storage Controllers in Device Manager. There does
    not appear to be a Win10 driver available from JMicron as of yet, but this device has been around since 2009 and was recognized and installed automatically under Windows 7. Is there anyway to force this hardware to be recognized?

Joel N., May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable - Similar Threads - 1903 recognizing eSATA

2. Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ): Hello everyone, I have a LaCie 2 Big external hard drive ( x2 500MB drives set to JBOD @1TB ) for my 3rd tier back up for O/S image and major artwork projects/VRGalleries(unreal)/commissions. I have moved the LaCie device from my Art studio to the home set-up, in my art...
  3. eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10: This is purely out of curiosity, so there's no rush. Is Windows 10 incompatible with eSATA? I have a couple of eSATA docks that used to work perfectly with Windows 7, but with 10 either they're recognized and dropped after a few minutes, or they're not recognized at all. I...
  4. Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized

Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized: I'm a big fan of Windows 10, however, updating to the May version 1903, I lose headphone recognition. When plugging-in the headphone I should see: "Realtek HD Audio 2nd output (Realtek High Definition Audio) in Device Manager. I do not see this with version 1903 and do see...
  5. eSata to USB?

eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  6. Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update version 1903 - Headphone Not Recognized: I'm a big fan of Windows 10, however, updating to the May version 1903, I lose headphone recognition. When plugging-in the headphone I should see: "Realtek HD Audio 2nd output (Realtek High Definition Audio) in Device Manager. I do not see this with version 1903 and do see...
  7. Security settings for external esata / usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Security settings for external esata / usb drive: Hello, Recently upgraded to a Windows 10 PC, I also have another nearly identical Windows 10 PC plus three other PC running earlier versions of Windows. I have a 1TB external SATA drive (accessing from an eSata and USB connection) that I need to access from all my PC's...
  8. Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup: I've been using an eSATA drive since Win 7 and had no problem with Windows backup. Now, since Sunday morning, backup considers that drive 'removable' media and won't back up to it. Any ideas out there? (Since I couldn't do a Windows backup, I configured Macrim to do it,...
  9. How to best remove eSATA drive?

How to best remove eSATA drive?: I guess I am used to removing a drive when done on USB...and I used to do this with eSATA. However, while I can still do this on USB is there any way to remove my eSATA drive when I am done? Some have said you do not need to in Win 10 and we can just shut it down and others...
  10. eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop: My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly. Is there some setting I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 e sata

2. windows 10 esata

3. win10 1903 synced drive not connecting

4. esata not working windows 10,
  5. windows 10 disk management wont see esata,
  6. detecting an internal esata drive windows 10,
  7. disable esata on a drive windows,
  8. not seeing esata drives in windows 10,
  9. cant open external hard drive after windows updateb 1903,
  10. since installing windows 10 1903 it does not recognize hard drive,
  11. esata drivers windows 10,