Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently fresh installed win 10 1903 to a self build older machine. Its had windows 10 on before and everything worked fine, It wasn't used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ceet12, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Ceet12 Win User

Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?

Hi,
    I recently fresh installed win 10 1903 to a self build older machine.

Its had windows 10 on before and everything worked fine, It wasn't used for several months as I needed to replace the HDD to ssd., and was having issues with the machine not seeing all the other machines on the network.

At first it wasn't seeing it self on the network locations, now it is, then it was seeing my laptop, now it isn't. Were as my laptop sees everything
    I can connect to the shares in my laptop if I manually enter the address in the address bar

Eg \\HPLAPTOP then it shows the shares. It also does not show my wdmycloudmirror nas drive again I can connect to it manually and map a network drive to it.
    These are some of the changes I have done to the machine

Services changes

I have changed all the below to automatic.
    · DNS Client
    · Function Discovery Provider Host
    · Function Discovery Resource Publication
    · Peer Networking Grouping
    · SSDP Discovery
    · UPnP Device Host

Smb changes

I have turned on and off smb 1.0/cifs file sharing support
    *automatic removal
    *cifs client *cifs server
    Smb direct

Performed Network reset

I think I may have tried several other fixes and still have no luck. Please can someone help me me.?

Regards

:)

Ceet12, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

add a network location windows 10

Hi Erich,

Adding a network place in Windows allows you to access FTP, Windows file shares, and some HTTP servers directly in My Network Places, without having to use an FTP client.
    To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried adding a network location?
    • Are you trying to add a network location or map a network drive?

Meanwhile, if you're adding a network location, we suggest that you follow these steps below about adding a network location:

• Open This PC in File Explorer, click on the Computer tab, click on the
      Add a network location button in the ribbon.
    • Click on Next in the Add Network Location wizard.
    • Click on Choose a custom network location, and click on
      Next
    • Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location you want to add, and click on
      Next.
    • If you are allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, click on
      Next
    • Type a name you want for this network location in This PC, and click on
      Next
    • If you are not allowed to log on anonymously to this network location, then uncheck the
      Log on anonymously box, enter the user name for the network location, and click on
      Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • If you could not log on anonymously to this network location, you will see a
      Log On As
      dialog prompting you to enter the user name and password for this network location. Check the
      Save password box if you do not want to be required to type the user name and password every time you access this network location. Click on
      Log On when finished.
    • The network location will now open.

If you're mapping a network, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to map a network drive.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 18, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?

Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.

Hi William Bravin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Have you installed any VPN connection application on your computers?
    2. Are the computers connected to any Domain Network?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

Method 1:
    Network Troubleshooter.

1. I suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter by going to
      Settings > Network and Internet > Status.
    2. Under Change your network settings, select
      Network troubleshooter and follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try Method 2.

Method 2:
    Executing The Networking Commands.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for
      Command Prompt
      > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on
      Run As Administrator.
    2. Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following command in the Command Prompt and hit
      Enter after each command.

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • ipconfig /registerdnsipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew
    • netsh int ip reset
    • netsh winsock reset

1. Once the above commands are executed successfully,
      restart the computer once
      and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

If you are not able to see the computer in the Network, then follow
    Method 3

Method 3:
    Disabling Internet Protocol Version 6.

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      ncpa.cpl > Hit Enter.
    2. Once the Network Connection window is opened,
      double-click on your Network Adapter > Click on
      Properties and locate the Internet Protocol Version 6 entry on the list.
    3. Disable the checkbox next to
      Internet Protocol Version 6 > Click on Apply >
      OK
    4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to see the computer in the Network.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations?

1. Windows 10 1903 not seeing other computers network locations? - Similar Threads - 1903 seeing computers

2. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network: I have a friend who has a laptop and a PC, both running Win10. I recently upgraded them to build 2004. Neither can see the other on the private network anymore. Network Discovery is turn on for both for private networks. I compared a lot of the network settings against my...
  6. Windows 10 does not see other network computers

Windows 10 does not see other network computers: There are 5 computers on this network, 4 running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. The primary Windows 10 computer does not see anything on the network. All the other computers see all the network devices, including this primary computer. All settings in Network and...
  7. Can’t see other Computer on Network

Can’t see other Computer on Network: My laptop running Windows 10 is connected to a router via secure wifi. Our desktop is connected to the same router via ethernet (on 2 separate private networks) and was just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The desktop is able to transfer files to the laptop through...
  8. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  9. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...
  10. Windows 10 can’t see other computers on network

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 can’t see other computers on network: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer has been included and shipped with every generation of the Windows Operating System and has gone through a lot of changes. The File Explorer that comes in with Windows 10 is not just to browse the [...] This post Windows 10 can’t see other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see any computers on win10 pro 1903 network

2. 1903 can not see pcs in networks

3. cannot see all network computers windows 10 1903

4. windows not seeing network computers windows 10 pro 1903,
  5. my network is not seeing other computer with feature update 1903