Windows 10: WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio...

Discus and support WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I needed to upgrade my audio system on my gaming PC for a while now. This is on a MSI MPOWER X99a with a onboard Realtek sound card. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheCoolDave, Sep 6, 2019.

1. WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio...

Hi,

I needed to upgrade my audio system on my gaming PC for a while now. This is on a MSI MPOWER X99a with a onboard Realtek sound card. I am running a fully up to date Windows 10 x64 1903 and all drivers are updated to the newest version from the OEM of the motherboard.

Long story short, I found a surround sound system for a good price, no HDMI in but, it has Optical in... so I have been using this. Out of the Realtek onboard optical out, to the optical in on the system. Easy quick connection.

This does allow for a variable audio. So when I turn up the volume on the PC, it will adjust the volume to the max of the system connected. So I adjust the volume on the system to 75, this is pretty loud but, it gives me a nice range to work with for audio. Very low, or really loud if I adjust the PC to do it.

This all works great, games (didn't test a 5.1 audio game), youtube videos, music, etc. This system sounds awesome (epic is the real word here) and with great clear audio with a nice thump for bass, that I have always wanted for my PC.

The problem is when I run a audio file, or video that has a DTS or DD 5.1 audio track, it will be at FULL BLAST not honoring what the PC is set it. Normally this is unexpected so it scares the crap out of you, or will wake up people in the house (if late at night).

I figured this is a driver or codec based problem if it needs to be elsewhere, please move if needed.

This system is almost perfect and this is kind of a big deal and would love to fix it.

Any idea on this one ?

:)

TheCoolDave, Sep 6, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 6, 2019
  4. WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio...

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio...

1. WIndows 10 1903 - Optical out- blaring volume when playing 5.1 audio... - Similar Threads - 1903 Optical blaring

2. mic cuts out when audio plays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mic cuts out when audio plays: I first noticed my mic cutting out when talking to friends on discord, and then i noticed that whenever a system sound plays, chrome, video games, my mic starts cutting out, or getting really quiet, and when ever sounds aren't playing, my mic works just fine....
  3. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes: Every time this happens i also get a notification from realtek audio console on windows 10 saying "what audio device did you plug in?" with the options of headphones, mic in, etc. anyone have a solution for this? its really really annoying. submitted by /u/venzo2704...
  4. Windows 10 and audio over optical cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and audio over optical cable: Hi, I recently purchased new speakers, Logitech Z906. I am trying to make the digital output of W10 work with my speakers over an optical audio cable. My specs: motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI speakers Logitech Z906 an optical cable Star II OPTO...
  5. Optical Audio Issues

Optical Audio Issues: My desktop has a standard audio jack that I can plug headphones into and use. This has worked completely fine until recently, where now my computer will detect that I have plugged them in swapping the active sound device from my monitor speakers or bluetooth headphones and...
  6. Audio is out of sync when playing videos

Audio is out of sync when playing videos: When I watch videos on YouTube, the audio gets out of sync. This is happening just from YouTube videos. I have tried pretty much everything that I know of to try to correct it. I cleared the cache. I ran the audio troubleshooter. Checked for any Windows Updates. Checked sound...
  7. Windows 10 upate to 1903, then no audio in or out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upate to 1903, then no audio in or out: I updated to Windows 10 1903 Friday August 30, 2019. I noticed a couple of days later....but believe it happened at the update...that I had lost functions to several peripherals. All were related to imaging or sound. Failed: Logitech Mic Communicate STX. This is a...
  8. Windows 10 cant play two audio sources via Optical out

Windows 10 cant play two audio sources via Optical out: Asrock H87 Using optical out for audio, playing via an AV amp/receiver. When I use Netflix app and use Youtube Chome/FF/Edge the playback simply fails. Tried with various combos, but cant play 2 audio sources at the same time. If i switch to stereo speaks (via green...
  9. Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5: I'm having what seems to be a very specific issue. Whenever I lower the volume to below 5, the sound completely cuts out of my Bluetooth headphones. I've tried: updating, deleting, reinstalling, and changing the drivers associated with the device; altering every setting in...
  10. Optical Audio issues

Optical Audio issues: I have a 7.1 surround sound system for my computer. I used a optical S/PDIF cable to connect my computer to the receiver. when I go to the "Manage audio devices" in the control panel, and select S/PDIF, the "Configure" button is grayed out. I can select the configure button...