Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is not a new problem, I have seen this annoying issue reported for years by several users, but I have never seen a straight answer explaining the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fg2001, Jul 16, 2019.

1. fg2001 Win User

Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...

This is not a new problem, I have seen this annoying issue reported for years by several users, but I have never seen a straight answer explaining the reason for the duplication.

All the threads on the subject are locked.

I have seen the workaround temporary solution by modifying the following registry entries, either by deleting or renaming the entries to .old.

I have not seen any explanation for the purpose of the duplication and I cannot see one.

Can anybody explain the purpose of the duplicate drives showing in Widows Explorer and the meaning of NameSpace\DelegateFolders in the following Registry entries ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

Since I did not want to delete the entry just in case I needed to restore it, I renamed it as {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}.old and that eliminated the duplication in file explorer.

Still I'd like to have an explanation of the purpose for the duplication in Explorer.

A clear explanation rather than a canned answer will be appreciated. Thanks.

See sample in picture below with drive E: showing up twice.

Windows 10 1903 or higher,  Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still... 1e7f296c-a6cc-481a-9c02-ca067efeb702?upload=true.png

:)

fg2001, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

This FIX resolved my problem of duplicating USB drives in left hand tree in Windows 10 File Explorer

Stephen H Stegemann, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...

Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

Windows 10 1903 or higher,  Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still... [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still...

1. Windows 10 1903 or higher, Duplicate USB devices showing in File Explorer, why is it still... - Similar Threads - 1903 higher Duplicate

2. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  3. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Windows 10 STILL create duplicate accounts: Why is this still an issue at this point? What asshattery makes windows 10 the only MS OS since 3.1 that causes you grief by creating duplicate accounts if you disable password login? Seriously WHY....
  6. File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives

File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives: So, I have an issue with USB's and Drives. When I go to plug it in it makes the sound that it was connected but nothing shows in File Explorer, but it shows in Device Manager and it can't be accessed there. The USB ports aren't faulty as my Keyboard and Mouse connect just...
  7. USB showing in diskpart but not file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB showing in diskpart but not file explorer: I accidentally made a partition on my usb in diskpart, but now I cant see the drive in THIS PC submitted by /u/SonicBeast25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5pwea/usb_showing_in_diskpart_but_not_file_explorer/
  8. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer: Why has Microsoft not created a fix for this common problem with an update? There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem and there was no clear answer from Microsoft in the closed thread on how to fix this issue. Personally I do not want to be editing the...
  9. Duplicate libraries in explorer files windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries in explorer files windows 10: I had the problem of duplicate libraries in the file browser of windows 10. When I changed the location of a library they changed all at once having 7 libraries called "documents". Looking for how to solve this problem I only found as a solution to create a new user....
  10. USB Duplication in Explorer

USB Duplication in Explorer: I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable disk (E) and the other just removable disk (E). Even the contents I have put on one have been duplicated. Can anyone tell me if...