Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my HP Zbook Studio X360 has been freezing and getting random black screens for a long time, usually happening about twice a day. I found this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ww123td, Oct 28, 2019.

1. ww123td Win User

Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing

Hi, my HP Zbook Studio X360 has been freezing and getting random black screens for a long time, usually happening about twice a day. I found this report in the reliability history:

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎10/‎27/‎2019 10:42 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 1a8

Parameter 1: 1

Parameter 2: 0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x1A8_KEYBD_HOTKEY_OSDwmNotVisible_dxgkrnl!DISPLAYSTATECHECKER::CreateBlackScreenLiveDump

Server information: ae6c52ca-da3e-42c9-a9bb-b80a634f2ca5

In addition to checking the event history, I had checked the memory, finding no errors. I recently reinstalled Windows and the issue reappeared within the day I completed the installation.

:)

ww123td, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Oct 28, 2019
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing

***RANDOM*** BLACK SCREEN Windows 10

I have tried everything to fix this, but it still happens.
    Is this a common issue? I can't be the only one out there with this problem.

I'm experiencing RANDOM black screens. It can happen anytime. It doesn't happen super often, but it happens. The thing is that my laptop is unreliable since I'm using it for teaching purpose online. This is upsetting, especially because I have got a very good system. I love my laptop, it works great, there's only this out of nowhere every once in a while sudden black screen issue that totally pisses me off. Is it because of Windows 10??? I have had this problem right off the bat as I got my laptop. It came with pre-installed Windows 10 Home edition. I have tried everything they suggest on the internet. Uninstalling / reinstalling drivers, changing power settings, changing contrast settings and whatever else they suggest.

Anyone, please...

Thank you!

D.

viskersdainis, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing

1. Windows 10 1903 Random Black Screens and Freezing - Similar Threads - 1903 Random Black

2. Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.: Windows freezes my screen by itself, only the mouse works well. Also Black Screens opens randomly for a couple of seconds and closes without any errors. It literally starts on every simple task like photoshop or browsing, so there's no problem with using CPU or whole RAM...
  3. Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Black Screens / Freezes randomly.: Windows freezes my screen by itself, only the mouse works well. Also Black Screens opens randomly for a couple of seconds and closes without any errors. It literally starts on every simple task like photoshop or browsing, so there's no problem with using CPU or whole RAM...
  4. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES: Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as...
  5. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  6. Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly

Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  7. Freezes and Black/Blue Screen - 1903 Build 18362.270

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezes and Black/Blue Screen - 1903 Build 18362.270: Hi, my computer will run normally for hours then randomly freeze and the screens will lose input signal and the HDD LED on my case will begin blinking. The computer does not recover, only a hard reboot brings it back. In Reliability Monitor I usually get a Hardware Error and...
  8. Freezes and Black/Blue Screen on Win10 1903

Freezes and Black/Blue Screen on Win10 1903: Hi, my computer will run normally for hours then randomly freeze and the screens will lose input signal and the HDD LED on my case will begin blinking. The computer does not recover, only a hard reboot brings it back. In Reliability Monitor I usually get a Hardware Error and...
  9. Windows 10 1903/1909 Random Freeze

Windows 10 1903/1909 Random Freeze: Hi, I am having an issue with Windows build 1903 and 1909, it randomly freezes and I am forced to turn the computer off holding the power button, because I cannot do anything else as the mouse and keyboard do not work anymore. This issue started about end of February...
  10. (SOLVED) WIN 10 freezes randomly / black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (SOLVED) WIN 10 freezes randomly / black screen: Hi everyone After numerous attempts I finally fixed my problem ! I went to my SSD drives manufacturer website and downloaded the latest firmware. Update Restart And POP - problem gone *Smile Hope this works for you Have a great day 150142

Users found this page by searching for:

1. livekernelevent 1a8

2. error code 1a8

3. windows 10 1903 black screen randomly one screen

4. livekernelevent code: 1a8