Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 ruined my system

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 ruined my system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't know where to begin. But... Surface laptop, new in summer of 2018 Then installed CS2 suite (don't ask why just please accept that's all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Googlieguy, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 ruined my system

I don't know where to begin. But...

Surface laptop, new in summer of 2018

Then installed CS2 suite (don't ask why just please accept that's all I need).

It works.

Then bought Corel Paintshop Pro 2019

It works.

Then there is Win10 1809 update

Everything still works.

I use Photoshop CS2, InDesign CS2 and PSP intermittently but up until maybe a month or so before the next update.

Which is to say everything worked before the 1903 update. Then all the above didn't.

Pshop won't open (can't find a twain file; which I have learned may be because Windows doesn't do twain any more); InDesign just sends up the splash screen for a couple seconds, then disappears.

As for Paintshop Pro, it still opened. But when I created a new image and tried to write it to jpg, it wouldnt write to file. Same with TIF and same with the native format PSP. I deleted all the preferences. Then it wouldn't open at all. I was told to use some cleanup tool provided by Corel. I thought it would clean it up. Instead it uninstalls the whole thing.

Okay, so I thought maybe that's a good thing. I'll reinstall. It runs the installation up to the end. Then says "Fatal error during installation". I've tried it 6 times. I tried copying the files to disc first. Nope. I downloaded the trial version. Wouldn't install.

Corel had me download a thing called Win Audit to give them info on my computer. It worked, but when I tried to save the html file (it makes clickable categories) it wouldn't write. I could copy and past in Word Pad and it would save.

I had one agent instruct me to download 1809, and she gave me a link. It was going to be a 5 gb, 6 hour download for me but, eh, so what. So I started it. At a couple gb's it says "File interrupted". I did it again. Again it stops. I did it a third time. Same thing. Finally a supervisor (like the fourth person I speak to at Microsoft.....I'm up to about 9 by now) tells me my connection is too slow to download.

I finally whine enough that they push me up to Tier 2 tech support, but this person just keeps saying over and over that it is Adobe's problem. (I hadn't as yet tried the Corel program)

Once I know that Corel won't work, I can at least say that a program written for Windows 10 won't work and wont install. An agent takes over my computer and tries it himself.

I forget some things, but finally an agent instructs me to reinstall windows 10. So I do a 5 1/2 hour download (which amazingly works) and a two hour installation.

And I'm back where I started. Windows 10 version 1903 with Photoshop not opening; InDesign not opening (Image Ready and Illustrator DO open) and Corel PSP 2019 still not installing. (And Win Audit still not being able to write/save an HTML file.

I call Microsoft again and I swear I wasn't yelling but I'm sure I sounded like a madman as I reeled off this story to her, and boom. She hangs up on me.

So is this when I get Linux or by a Mac?

:)

Googlieguy, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 1903 ruined my system

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 ruined my system

1. Windows 10 1903 ruined my system - Similar Threads - 1903 ruined system

2. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  3. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  4. Windows updates ruins my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruins my system: Why would windows nowadays need so many updates my mind is blown. I used to have an old PC my mother in law is still using it with Windows Vista and never been updated since installation 16 years ago and never ever had any problems with anything. I was playing games with it,...
  5. Windows updates ruins my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates ruins my system: Why would windows nowadays need so many updates my mind is blown. I used to have an old PC my mother in law is still using it with Windows Vista and never been updated since installation 16 years ago and never ever had any problems with anything. I was playing games with it,...
  6. will ruining windows 10 be ok on my system ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    will ruining windows 10 be ok on my system ?: as the title say can i run windows 10 on my computer ? im curently on windows 7 so i need to change it. but my pc is rather old. this are my pc specs. https://i.imgur.com/PPtf0p9.png submitted by /u/Deiman1 [link] [comments]...
  7. System Windows 10 Version 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Windows 10 Version 1903: System Windows 10 Version 1903 Fehlerbericht Bei der Installation einiger Updates sind Probleme aufgetreten, aber wir versuchen es später noch mal. 2019-10 Kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8 für Windows 10 Version 1903 für x64 (KB4524100) – Fehler...
  8. Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 i7 Laptop which was working very well until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest 1903 version. I had to switch to Ubuntu LTS to save my Laptop from further damage. Problems I am facing right after 1903 update: 1. The USB ports malfunctioned. 2...
  9. game performance is ruined in 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game performance is ruined in 1903: in old builds like 1803 and 1809 the game performance was ok. after an upgrade to 1903 was done then the game performance spoils and things like fps drops or the game freezes and becomes unresponsive start to happen. that happens in both online games and offline games....
  10. 1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer: I'm glad that there are more pointer options now (I like a big green pointer, which can now be achieved with the system pointer), but you really shouldn't have ruined the appearance of custom mouse pointers. I've used my own custom mouse pointers in Windows for at least a...