Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm in need of some help. I installed the new Windows 10 1903 May Update (Build 18362.145), and i noticed that, in the audio device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnnyKD, Jun 1, 2019.

1. JohnnyKD Win User

Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing

Hello everyone!

I'm in need of some help.
    I installed the new Windows 10 1903 May Update (Build 18362.145), and i noticed that, in the audio device properties, Spatial Sound tab, the option to turn on/off the 7.1 Virtual Surround is gone Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing [​IMG]
    In 1809, i used Windows Sonic together with Nahimic 2+ (my MSI laptop model doesn't support Nahimic 3), but had to disable that option, otherwise the Nahimic effects were disabled. In 1903, everytime i select Windows Sonic, Nahimic effects gets disabled, meaning that the 7.1 Virtual Surround is activating and i don't like the sound with that option on, or with only the Nahimic effects... The sweetspot for me is using both...

I tried to search this option in Windows 10 Definitions app in the Sound options section, and could not find it anywhere...

I had to revert to 1809 because of this, until i could find a solution. Other than this, i found the new version of Windows 10 good and was stable while i used it (at least on my laptop configuration), compared to 1809 when it was released, so congrats to Microsoft for that achievement, and hope you can continue to improve and fix the bugs and problems of Windows 10!

Is this completely removed in this windows version, or has it been moved to another place and i missed it somehow?

When searching Google i find no mention of this either.

I have a MSI GS73VR-7RF with all drivers updated to last version.

Hope someone can help me, or at least clarify this doubt, if possible.

Cheers.

:)

JohnnyKD, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Jun 1, 2019
  3. chrisssj2 Win User
    Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound"

Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones?
    I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos

However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where dolby atmos resides.
    It gives the impression they are ment to be used together.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

chrisssj2, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing

Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing

1. Windows 10 1903 Spatial Sound Activate 7.1 Virtual Surround Option Missing - Similar Threads - 1903 Spatial Sound

2. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  3. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  4. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Spatial Sound enable option missing

Spatial Sound enable option missing: I wanted to enable Spatial Sound for my EKSA E900 Pro 7.1 Surround sound headphones, but there is no "ON" option thereHowever, if I try to enable Spatial Sound for my speakers which are built in my monitors, it is easily possible, I don't know why it is able to enable Spatial...
  6. 7.1 surround sound option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  7. Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?: Since updating to version 1909 last month it now seems that the Windows Spatial Audio API no longer virtualizes multichannel audio played through any media player. The checkbox that used to be visible in the sound device properties "Spatial Audio" tab to 'Turn on 7.1 Virtual...
  8. 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update

7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update: [ATTACH] Is this a bug? I've heard Microsoft removed the checkbox but Im not sure, in my office laptop with 1903 still that option. https://preview.redd.it/vpncr183r4141.png?width=641&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d8dc7a52ac0535c0931b45bcc4126671a1b3ef0 submitted by...
  9. 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update: After I updated this evening, I noticed some changes like the search tab becoming bigger and the sound icon, when right-clicked, does not show the 'playback devices' option. I'm pretty much setting up my cheap computer speakers, finding more comfortable spots, which is why...
  10. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10: hello i ws be able to see this option on my pc b4 update [ATTACH] after update windows 10 i can't see the option now :( [IMG] any help plz ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual surround

2. spatial sound dolby software for windows 10

3. windows virtual suround

4. 7.1 virtual surround sound missing,
  5. no spatial sound option in windows 10,
  6. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound sonix,
  7. virtual surround windows 10,
  8. why dont i have 7.1 sound in windows 10 as option,
  9. windows 10 7.1 virtual surround sound missing,
  10. 7.1 virtual surround windows 10,
  11. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound,