Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone We already applied GPO to client but storage sense is not working. [ATTACH] but items keep in Windows Update Cleanup........ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hoang Anh Trung, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working

Hello everyone

We already applied GPO to client but storage sense is not working.

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working 173c8880-e028-4eae-be70-8a87f5adf15c?upload=true.jpg

but items keep in Windows Update Cleanup.....

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working 88227d87-ab31-4597-a60b-7e0ca811832c?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance for help!

:)

Hoang Anh Trung, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Hi there,
    I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.
    I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage.

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working [​IMG]

If you were able to view the image above.
    As you can see, there are no drives showing and I also can't turn this feature on.
    I did have it enabled prior to the most recent windows update.

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working [​IMG]

I can't remember the last time I used this feature.
    However, it was working in the past, but now it doesn't seem to function like it use to.*cry

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and or how I might go about correcting this issue,
    would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks.

Geosammy, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    What is STORAGE SENSE?

Hi Taffy087

Storage sense automatically removes temporary files etc. when disk space is getting low.

1) yes, as space is getting low on the system disk, although at that stage it hadn't done anything it is turned off by default but was suggesting you turn it on.

2) it is new with windows 10, but if you were not low on space you may not have known about it. It will eventually replace the disk clean-up.

3) you can safely remove everything listed in storage sense.

windows.old contains details of the previous build and is only required if you opt to roll back within 10 days of installing a feature update - if you don't need to roll back or it has been more than 10 days, you can safely delete it.

some info on storage sense

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-storage-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working

Storage Sense not working properly

Hi SamSan7,

Corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why the Storage Sense feature is not working on your Windows 10 computers. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try to run the System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system
    file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image.

Kindly follow the steps in this article posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    to perform SFC and DISM:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Eric Ber, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working

1. Windows 10 1903 - Storage Sense not working - Similar Threads - 1903 Storage Sense

2. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  3. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  4. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/41d260f8-9231-4d50-a64d-c99e924ab100
  6. Storage Sense

Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  8. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  9. Storage Sense in Windows 10

Storage Sense in Windows 10: Hi, I need some knowledge about new Storage Sense feature in windows 10 creator's update, like how does it invokes cleanmgr.exe and arguments it passes to invoke cleanmgr.exe. I couldn't find any documentation regarding this . Also , what application is invoked...
  10. Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense Not Working Correctly: Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it. I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage. [img] If you were able to view the image above. As you can...