Windows 10: windows 10 1903 strange behaviour

Discus and support windows 10 1903 strange behaviour in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, This week my windows 10 behave strangely On my main laptop windows 10 all the sudden shutdown it self. - I check event viewer nothing out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hkusumo, Dec 5, 2019.

1. hkusumo Win User

windows 10 1903 strange behaviour

Hi,

This week my windows 10 behave strangely

On my main laptop windows 10 all the sudden shutdown it self.

- I check event viewer nothing out of ordinary, on application, security, setup and system

- I download process explorer, nothing out of ordinary no strange process running

- I check my power management setting, set to never for sleep and turn off display when plug-in which is plug in all the time

and window doing complete shutdown not sleep when this happen, since it goes to bios startup etc... when I press power button after the event.

- I check windows update history and there is no update.

and what I don't like is I am in the middle of something working on the laptop, so there is mouse movement, keyboard activity (typing), etc.. so it's not like the laptop is idle. if the laptop is idle for more than 10 min then I can understand if there is schedule restart for some reason (which should not since every time windows update, I restart anyway just to clear any schedule restart from happening) and it detect no activity then restart. but this is not it.

and on my development laptop yesterday, for some reason it shutdown my trend micro, got all the sudden notification to turn on antivirus.

Trend micro is not updating itself, since I check the task manager process there is no installer/setup or update running, and normally when trend micro updating, it has circle arrow icon on the bottom right task manager section.

there is nothing out of ordinary for this laptop as well for process event view etc...

when I restart the laptop trend micro is back up and I run trend micro house call software to double check if there is virus shutting down trend micro, it doesn't find any virus.

performance on both laptop is normally as well (fast and snappy), no cpu or disk hogs or performance degradation which normally happen when there is virus.

I heard about windows restarting or shutting down randomly a couple of release back, I would have thought this issue would have been resolve.

NB: both laptop is up-to-date, I always update when I get windows update icon at shutdown or restart icon, and both laptop I did fresh install with 1903 a couple of months back.

I appreciated if you could shed some light why windows 10 strange behavior.

Regards

- Haris -

:)

hkusumo, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 1903 strange behaviour - Similar Threads - 1903 strange behaviour

2. Windows 10 Strange behaviour of shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Strange behaviour of shut down: [ATTACH] Hello. lately, can't tell exactly when that happened because i didnt pay attention but encounter this problem many times, even formatting Windows, that when i shut down the PC either by ALT+F4, or pressing on Windows logo and then shut down that even if it " shut...
  3. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  4. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  5. Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?: Good morning, Since yesterday my computer acts more and more strangely: - When a video is put in fullscreen either in a browser, like Youtube, or on the desktop, like VLC, it automatically sets back to normal screen after a random period of time; - At some points, it is...
  6. Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10: I'm not the best with the english language but I'll try my best to explain whats happening. Since december (last year) I've been noticed some strange things with my Windows in general and, also, some bizarre activations... The biggest doubt: is my Windows 10 being hacked...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...