Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity. The client runs a volume licensed copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phoenix L, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Phoenix L Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity.

The client runs a volume licensed copy of Office 2019. Activity history has been working fine until recently.

Some apps such as Paint will still correctly populate the Activities section.

Repairs that have already been tried:

• Toggling "Let Windows collect my activities from this PC" & "Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud" along with all similar options found throughout the Settings, including the "Shared Experiences" section.
    • Re-authenticating the live Microsoft account to "Fix" the account (as phrased by Windows Settings)
    • Amending the registry, creating three keys EnableActivityFeed, PublishUserActivities, and UploadUserActivities as recommended elsewhere.
    • Amending group policies such as "Allow publishing of User Activities", "Enables Activity Feed" and more.
    • Stopping the relevant service, deleting any "ActivitiesCache.db"-related files in AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\ and restarting.

Despite these efforts, the client can work all day on various Office documents without a single population of the activities section of Task View.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

:)

Phoenix L, Jun 19, 2019

2. Timeline (after April feature patch): How do I see it? It is enabled, but there is nothing (Task View)

"Activity history" in Settings has both options checked (collect from this PC, sync to cloud).

According to a webpage that explains the new "Timeline" it should be in the "Task View". However, when I click on the Task View button I get - the Task View (as it always was). Looking at collected activity data for my account on microsoft's website shows
    a lot of entries.

Where is the Timeline view hiding???

For a feature that is listed as one of only four new main features of the April patch it is VERY well hidden!

Mörre Noseshine, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

Task bar & task view

Hi Mad,

Is it your intention of turn off Task View and Activity History completely? If so, here are the steps:

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/turn-off-task-view...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

1. Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating - Similar Threads - 1903 Task View

2. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  3. Timeline/task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline/task view: How TF do I disable this absolutely annoying feature that microsoft's geniuses decided to add??? I have never used it and never want to use it. I do not want it at all. I'm f'ing sick of this stupid bs commandeering my desktop workspace. I try to move my cursor to adjust a...
  4. Windows 10 Task View / Timeline

Windows 10 Task View / Timeline: After years of flawless operation, Task View / Timeline now only shows accessed files word, excel, pdf, and so on and random web activity for instance, among 7 or 8 web pages I have accessed, it only shows one or two or even none at all. Any suggestions for fixing? I have...
  5. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  6. Timeline and Task View

Timeline and Task View: I have an item on my Task View screen which I can't remove with standard procedures. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-and-task-view/2c37fe18-da37-4345-9b76-0f6ad512c375
  7. Task View & Timeline

Task View & Timeline: Hello, Have a user that cannot sign into the "Timeline" within "Task View", for myself i click it and it does a MS account check and logs right in. For this user however it just brings up the "Your Info" page from within settings, which he's signed in with a O365 Domain...
  8. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  9. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  10. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. see all activities

2. windows 10 version 1903 removing the task view timeline

3. see all activities yesterday

4. task view activities history,
  5. seee all activities,
  6. how to use timeline in windows 10 1903,
  7. activity history 1903 wondows 10,
  8. windows activity history greyed out,
  9. task view 1903,
  10. windows 10 1903 task view stopped working,
  11. task view not populating,