Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, Ever since I upgraded to 1903 a few months ago, I have been having these strange sudden restarts every now and then. They usually occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drgnilar, Oct 31, 2019.

1. drgnilar Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring

Greetings,

Ever since I upgraded to 1903 a few months ago, I have been having these strange sudden restarts every now and then. They usually occur when I am playing a game or doing something else that could be deemed CPU intensive even though my temperatures are normal and I am not having any other noticable hardware problems. There is never any blue screen when these restarts happen and the event viewer always just logs a critical Kernel-Power event (Id 41) saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first."

I first started noticing the problems after upgrading from 1809 to 1903 early and then rolled back to 1809. The problem went away and then I never noticed it for awhile while I was on 1903. After about a month or two, the problems started happening again. I tried switching to the fast ring to see if anything newer would resolve it (and I also wanted to test out some of the new stuff on the fast ring) and unfortunately, I still had the same problem.

I searched around and found that a few other people said they resolved this by turning off Windows Store updates, but that hasn't seemed to stop it for me.

At this point I am at a loss as to what else is wrong with my configuration and/or hardware that may be causing this problem. I still am not entirely convinced it is a hardware problem since it only started happening after the 1903 update, but if someone can prove me wrong, I'll be more than happy.

My system config is attached in the text file generated by Speccy. I am running Windows 10 1903 (build 19008.1000). I will also point out that I do have XMP enabled in my BIOS. I had this enabled prior to 1903 and didn't see any noticeable problems.

I've attached the logs collected from V2 Log collector powershell scripts that you have available on the forums. I didn't see anything in them that jumped out to me as the root cause, so if someone else here can peruse them or offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

:)

drgnilar, Oct 31, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Oct 31, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring Insider

All this has been told several times by various members. Following these simple steps I have not failed a single build upgrade.

Some of these steps are most probably not necessary; I am an old school geek, conservative and careful maybe to the extent that it for some might seem ridiculous. However, I have no failed upgrades which for me means I will continue doing like this:

• When upgrade has been downloaded and prepared, I disconnect all external devices except mouse and keyboard
    • I turn off / disable firewall and AV programs, including Malwarebytes
    • I set internal drives not necessary for Windows to run offline using Disk Management, in my case this usually means setting internal disk for Hyper-V virtual machines and other for Media files offline
    • I disable all non-critical programs in Task Manager > Startup (Skype, Screenpresso screenshot tool and such)
    • I restart PC using Restart option in Start (yellow highlight in screenshot) instead of Update and restart (green highlight), and immediately when Windows has booted back to desktop before launching any applications I run upgrade by selecting Update and restart:

Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring [​IMG]

That's it. Simple steps, nothing unheard, nothing special. Works for me.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 - Unexpected Restarts On Regular and Fast Ring - Similar Threads - 1903 Unexpected Restarts

2. What's the difference between fast restart and regular restart? How to set my Windows 10 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the difference between fast restart and regular restart? How to set my Windows 10 to...: I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-fast-restart-and/fe33c101-cbfe-43c5-85ae-9bb6032617d0
  3. What's the difference between fast restart and regular restart? How to set my Windows 10 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the difference between fast restart and regular restart? How to set my Windows 10 to...: I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-fast-restart-and/fe33c101-cbfe-43c5-85ae-9bb6032617d0
  4. What's the difference between fast restart and regular restart? How to set my Windows 10 to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unexpected restarts - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected restarts - Windows 10: so today i have gotten a new case and a cpu cooler and moved my motherboard to this new case but i just noticed after a 5-6 hours of no problem i have even torture tested with prime95 it just restarted itself 4 times in last 15-20 minutes.i have checked event viewer with ids...
  6. Unexpected restarts - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restarts - Windows 10: so today i have gotten a new case and a cpu cooler and moved my motherboard to this new case but i just noticed after a 5-6 hours of no problem i have even torture tested with prime95 it just restarted itself 4 times in last 15-20 minutes.i have checked event viewer with ids...
  7. Unexpected restarts - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Insider Fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Insider Fast ring: i was using my laptop fine last night, and then this morning when i turned it on, it won't boot tried advanced startup, uninstall feature, and last installed updates - nothing tried booting safe mode - nothing please help...
  9. Insider preview fast ring

Insider preview fast ring: I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-fast-ring/a7ef9816-8c49-46eb-946b-10d60151a0c6
  10. Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring

Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring: My Surface Pro 5 cannot install updates but shows "update available" in the windows update tab in settings. I got build 18323_19h1 Windows 10 Pro (Insider Fast Ring). Tried troubleshooting which keeps "checking for pending restart", used the Windows Standalone Installer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unexpected shutdown 1903