Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!?

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Updated to 1903 this morning. I just noticed my downloads folder now has all the files categorized by dates in collapsible groups. I can find no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SM95, Jun 1, 2019.

1. SM95 Win User

Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!?

Updated to 1903 this morning. I just noticed my downloads folder now has all the files categorized by dates in collapsible groups. I can find no where to turn off this option. For me, this has to be the dumbest change I have ever seen... talk about making it MUCH harder to find and use files in this folder.

today, earlier this week, last week, last month, etc... stupid... I just want to see the files as I always have... list view by name.

Please tell me there is a way to turn this off and go back to regular view options without these collapsible groups. If not, I will be making my own folder for now and this one will become absolutely useless to me.

:)

SM95, Jun 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 1, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 1, 2019
  4. R0H1T Win User

Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!?

Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!? - Similar Threads - 1903 Update turn

2. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?: I will frequently download things from the web but when I go to save it in the downloads folder, it will Group the subfolders and files by date. See example:As you see, it's alpha sorted first by subfolders, and then by the other files in the folder for sake of image size I...
  3. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?: I will frequently download things from the web but when I go to save it in the downloads folder, it will Group the subfolders and files by date. See example:As you see, it's alpha sorted first by subfolders, and then by the other files in the folder for sake of image size I...
  4. How the bleepity bleep do I _permanently_ turn off the bleeping "Group By" in Downloads?!?!?

How the bleepity bleep do I _permanently_ turn off the bleeping "Group By" in Downloads?!?!?: TL;DR : See Subject Following is mostly a rant. Apologies, but Microsoft needs to start shipping blood-pressure medication for their users. Ok, this is getting beyond ridiculous @Microsoft. Stop bleeping with my computer and its settings. Fine, add new defaults which...
  5. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  6. Group by date in download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group by date in download...: Hi there, hopefully someone can help as both google and MS forums have proven incredibly unhelpful... I'm really annoyed by the grouping in the downloads folder, have no idea what fumes MS were high on when they decided to make this feature preapplied, but it's the best...
  7. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  8. How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?: I've installed 1903 update today for Windows 10. Now when I navigate my folders structure in Chrome and choose Download folder I get the following view (see attached screenshot): [ATTACH] It shows all downloads grouped by date. I don't lie this new view and would like...
  9. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...
  10. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903): Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to tunr off update to 1903

2. how to turn the dates off in downloads folder

3. stop my download gfolder grouping by date

4. win10 now grouping by date for downloads