Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a driver for Windows 10 from EVGA website for Windows 10 that's been working without problem. My board has an INTEL C606 Chipset, with drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deathpig, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Deathpig Win User

Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update

I have a driver for Windows 10 from EVGA website for Windows 10 that's been working without problem.

My board has an INTEL C606 Chipset, with drivers for both Intel C600 Series SAS Raid Controller , and C600 SATA AHCI.

Windows says I need a new Windows 10 Driver before it will update, but there isn't one, that I can see.

Disabling and uninstalling the Raid Controller allows update to start but then during install it checks again after the reboot. Then it stops updating and

I'm back to step 1.

When it reboots again, Windows Update re-installs the driver I uninstalled. 3.0.0.3014 (12/6/2011) from INTEL.

The board is an EVGA Classified SR-X. (Yes I've looked for newer drivers from the manufacturer. https://www.evga.com/support/download/ )

Its an INTEL C606 Family board. The Windows 10 Drivers are there. Still no joy using them either.

Should I just wait ? I'm reading about a lot of problems with this update anyway.

:)

Deathpig, Jul 25, 2019
  2. yoshyo Win User

Win 10 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (storport.sys)

If you have an SSD, the problem may be an old storage driver.

Here's how you can manually update your storage controller driver:

• Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager
    • Expand Storage controller
    • Verify if your storage controller is compatible. C600+ series chipsets should be compatible.
    • Access
      https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25358/SAS-Hardware-RAID-Driver-for-Windows-x86-x64-version-
    • Extract the downloaded file to a known location
    • Right click Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID (SATA Mode)->Update Driver
    • Click Browse my computer for driver software
    • Find the extracted folder
    • Then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    • Select the newest driver and install
    • Repeat the steps from 6 to 10 for Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA RAID Controller
    Hope this works for you!

I has been over a month and the problem never came back.

-

yoshyo, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 25, 2019
  4. BobW5815 Win User

C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID controller incompatiblility block latest W-10 update - Need Help

Hello,

Trying to install the latest W-10 update which is blocked by the Intel C600 Chipset. Not compatible with W-10.

There is only a "C" drive in the tower with outboard hard drives.

Can I safely uninstall the chipset, or will that be disastrous?

Thanks,

Bob

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

BobW5815, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 Update - INTEL C600 Series Raid Controller doesn't allow update - Similar Threads - 1903 Update INTEL

2. Raid Controller doesn't have a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid Controller doesn't have a driver: Greetings! I recently found in Control Panel - Devices and Printers a flag problem on my desktop PC. When checking, I get a message about the lack of a Raid Controller driver. I don't know what it is, does it have something to do with creating Raid arrays of hard drives? But...
  3. Raid Controller doesn't have a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raid Controller doesn't have a driver: Greetings! I recently found in Control Panel - Devices and Printers a flag problem on my desktop PC. When checking, I get a message about the lack of a Raid Controller driver. I don't know what it is, does it have something to do with creating Raid arrays of hard drives? But...
  4. Raid Controller doesn't have a driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903: I have already posted this but nobody has helped me. Hello. My Windows is not allowing me to update. When I am in settings and try to update it gives me Error 0x80070015. I have researched that error on these forums and nothing has helped. I resulted to updating manually...
  6. Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903

Not allowing me to update Windows to version 1903: Hello. My Windows is not allowing me to update. When I am in settings and try to update it gives me Error 0x80070015. I have researched that error on these forums and nothing has helped. I resulted to updating manually where it got stuck at 89% for over 3 hours and...
  7. After 1903 update Nvidia control panel doesn't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 1903 update Nvidia control panel doesn't open: I can enable both monitors from Win10 display settings but Nvidia control panel no longer opens. submitted by /u/DennisJM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv0mv6/after_1903_update_nvidia_control_panel_doesnt_open/
  8. AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G Windows 1903 update

AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G Windows 1903 update: AMD-RAID KXG50ZNV512G driver no compatible with 1903 update, need compatible driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-raid-kxg50znv512g-windows-1903-update/7a998c5a-d135-4844-b1f3-bcc94fa3da53
  9. Intel RST- 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel RST- 1903 update: Any updates on the fix for 1903- intel rst error. When do we expect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-1903-update/5cbbd4a4-918e-4d7a-9b56-568b37d61765
  10. Update 1903 with Intel RST

Update 1903 with Intel RST: Hi, while updating i found out that my pc (an HP Probook 450 G4, with SSD drive ) is one of those that have compatibiliy issues (i have the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"), so i've updated my drivers (from the Intel Site) and got the latest version (17.5.1.1021). That...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel c606 sas driver

2. intel c600 series chipset sas raid

3. Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID

4. Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID (SATA mode),
  5. asus c600 sas driver raid sata mode,
  6. c600 sas raid driver,
  7. intel storage controller c600,
  8. intel c600 /c220 series chipset ssata raid controller,
  9. intel c600 windows 10 issues,
  10. DELL SAS PC用Intel C600 Storage Controller,
  11. windows 10 dell t3600 intel c600 raid driver blocked,