Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to 1903 my pc freezes every 30mins to 1 hour and i have to reset. Google Chrome is also not loading websites, Edge does. When I roll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geoffsharman, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable

After updating to 1903 my pc freezes every 30mins to 1 hour and i have to reset. Google Chrome is also not loading websites, Edge does. When I roll back to previous version of Windows everything works fine, except I can't update Nvidia drivers because the drivers are not compatible with that build of Windows.

I7 4790k

AsRock Fatality z97x Killer

16gb ram 1333mhz

Gtx 1080 xtreme gigabyte

How do i fix this?

All drivers are updated.

:)

geoffsharman, Jul 25, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable

1. Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable - Similar Threads - 1903 update making

2. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  3. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  4. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed: When my computer goes through an automatic update through restart or shut down it becomes pretty much unusable. It will go very slow and programs will either be very slow to respond or not respond at all. Fixing it takes nearly half a day to a full day through running...
  6. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable: Hi there. So I have my update settings to happen when the PC is inactive, but every couple-few weeks, when I suppose it's preparing and downloading a future update, my PC cannot even do basic functions. It takes a good minute+ to open a new webpage, or even task manager. A...
  7. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable: Hi there. So I have my update settings to happen when the PC is inactive, but every couple-few weeks, when I suppose it's preparing and downloading a future update, my PC cannot even do basic functions. It takes a good minute+ to open a new webpage, or even task manager. A...
  8. Sick of Windows update making my PC completely unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!: I continually get the same error when trying to open certain programs. Usually it says: ___.exe - Bad image eg Origin.exe - Bad image Then underneath says: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  10. Bloatware updates make system unusable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bloatware updates make system unusable: Thread: Bloatware updates make system unusable At random times, Windows becomes so slow that it's almost unusable. Task manager shows the C disk active at 100% for hours. It takes me 15 minutes to copy a file. Sometimes the disk pointer is frozen for a minute or two. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mail at abc@microsoft.comabout:blank

2. windows build 1903 unusable

3. z97x killer windows update 1903 issues

4. where is the 1903 boot camp update