Windows 10: Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever

Discus and support Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is installing the Windows 10 1903 (i think) update. And it takes forever. Right now it's at 26% after 3 hours. Is this normal? I mean i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gabi Constantin, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever

My laptop is installing the Windows 10 1903 (i think) update. And it takes forever.

Right now it's at 26% after 3 hours.

Is this normal? I mean i can't really be normal - since i can install Windows from scratch 3 times over in the time it takes the update to get from 0 to 26%.

:)

Gabi Constantin, Sep 17, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Smizack Win User
    Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever

1. Windows 10 (1903) update takes forever - Similar Threads - 1903 update takes

2. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  4. Windows Update takes forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  5. Loading Windows 10 #1903 is taking approximately forever.......is that OK ?

Loading Windows 10 #1903 is taking approximately forever.......is that OK ?: Hi, I did the manual update of #1903. It initially stopped, cuz I had the Re-Install Thumb drive in my PC's USB slot. I removed it - as directed - and the Update progressed slowly but surely, and the "% Completion" numbers increased as time wore on. Nice progress over...
  6. Taking forever to update win 10

Taking forever to update win 10: Hello guys, Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with my wifi driver. When i connect to the internet via ethernet such a problem doesn't arise. However i was able to use my pc...
  7. Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever: Only noticed this when already on Creator's Update. See: windows update - Streamable Windows Update Troubleshoot didn't solve anything. Any help would be appreciated. 81721
  8. Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!: Running Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-C2 laptops. When it comes to updates, they are taking FOREVER to install - 20 to 30 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the updates taking this long....my users are screaming because time is money and updates are just taking too long. I am not...
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update taking forever

2. windows 10 update taking forever

3. windows 10 update takes forever

4. windows 10 updates taking forever,
  5. windows 1903 configuring update taking forever,
  6. windows 10 update 1903 taking long,
  7. 1903 update taking forever,
  8. windows 10 1903 update taking forever to install,
  9. windows 10 update 1903 takes forever,
  10. window 10 1903 take too long,
  11. feature update to windows 10 1903 taking forever to install,