Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 update won't load

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 update won't load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I replaced my hard drive with a SSD by using a SSD adapter and an USB cable attached to my laptop. I used the SSD copy program to copy 1803 to the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlWilmer, Sep 28, 2019.

1. AlWilmer Win User

Windows 10 1903 update won't load

I replaced my hard drive with a SSD by using a SSD adapter and an USB cable attached to my laptop. I used the SSD copy program to copy 1803 to the SSD then removed the hard drive and replaced it with the SSD. I changed the SSD drive letter to C and every thing worked great and all updates to 1803 have worked great. The OS is Windows 10 Pro.

After the SSD install, I would randomly get a popup message "Windows Backup X This feature not available in a portable workstation environment.".

Apparently, something was set to make windows "think" the SSD is connected to a USB port or something???

Since this is just a minor inconvenience to click "OK" and the message goes away. But now I cannot update to 1903. When the update is about to install,

I get this"you can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using setup". Which is not trying to do, I am trying to update my C drive to 1903.

I also get Error message 0xc 1900201. The replies to my previous question about this here have not resolved my problem. I have down loaded the suggested ISO fix and tried it with the same results. I alson ran the "Fix update problems and got " windows update components must be repaired".

So, does anyone know how I can get my PC to know that my SSD is not a USB device since it is connected in my PC as the C drive? So I can update to 1903???

:)

AlWilmer, Sep 28, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. xkm1948 Win User

GPUZ Won't Load After Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Adjusted the Windows 10 Security level down one level. The setting where you decide when Windows 10 pop up to ask you for permission.

What happened was GPU-Z was trying to ask me whether I want to install or keep using as it. Windows 10 blocked that installation prompt and that caused the program to stuck there. I ran Compatibility Troubleshooter which ran the program as Administrator as well as Windows 8.1 compatible and it booted just fine.

This is not the first case of security mess up of Windows 10 anniversary update. All of my Realtek Audio service cannot be loaded due to them being automatically blocked. I have to go into the installation folder and manually unblock every single one of the executables.

xkm1948, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 update won't load - Similar Threads - 1903 update won't

2. Windows Update Won't Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Won't Load: Hello. When I try to open Windows Update, I get an endless loop of loading dots across the top of the window. There are updates waiting to be installed. If I go to restart my laptop, I have the option to update and restart, however it does not install the updates if selected....
  3. Windows Update Won't Load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Won't Load: Hello. When I try to open Windows Update, I get an endless loop of loading dots across the top of the window. There are updates waiting to be installed. If I go to restart my laptop, I have the option to update and restart, however it does not install the updates if selected....
  4. Windows Update Won't Load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Won't Load

Windows Update Won't Load: I am having this problem for quite a long time, my windows update won't load in Update & Security Settings. It also won't check for updates or install any new updates. It always keeps stuck at the loading page. I am also having a problem with the store app. It's just sowing...
  6. Windows 10 1903 won't update

Windows 10 1903 won't update: Update stalls at 65%. Tells me can't configure one or more components. Also Error 0x80246019 comes up. Can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-wont-update/16cc9ec3-a863-479f-b64c-573773ed00ea
  7. Windows 10 1903 18362.10024 Won't Update

Windows 10 1903 18362.10024 Won't Update: I have updates waiting to download but I have to select on Fix Issues. And then I get I get Windows 10 Won't Run on this PC followed by You can't install Windows from a USB flash drive using Setup just below. Anybody experience this and/or know what is going on. No issues...
  8. Microsoft Sudoku won't load after Windows Version Update 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku won't load after Windows Version Update 1903: My computer performed the Windows 10 Feature update version 1903 yesterday. Today Microsoft Sudoku will not load. The blue title page displays for 1-2 seconds and then disappears. Solitaire, Ultimate Word Games and Mahjong all load properly. Sudoku worked fine 2 days ago....
  9. Windows 10 1903 Update won't happen

Windows 10 1903 Update won't happen: Hi, For some time my laptop have wanted to update to 1903 automatically but is hindered by something. If there is a driver or software that is blocking the update from happening, why can't Windows tell me as a user what it is? Or is there a way for me to find out? In event...
  10. Chrome won't load after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome won't load after 1903 update: After the windows 1903 update, chrome won't load a single site, or VERY occasionally, it will load 1 website and then stop again. I have searched for hours but no one seems to have a solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i download windows 1903