Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure due to Intel Rapid Storage RST driver

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure due to Intel Rapid Storage RST driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 1903 upgrade fails with message that there is a problem with the Intel RST driver. I followed Microsoft's support article and upgraded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hzimmer3, Jul 27, 2019.

1. hzimmer3 Win User

Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure due to Intel Rapid Storage RST driver

Windows 1903 upgrade fails with message that there is a problem with the Intel RST driver. I followed Microsoft's support article

and upgraded the Intel RST driver to the recommended version 15.9.6.1044, but this did not resolve the problem. Even updating

Intel RST driver to the latest version 17.5.1.1021 does not enable The Windows 10 1903 upgrade to run successfully.

I tried both update mechanisms via Windows Update as well via the Media Creation tool, both with no success no matter which Intel RST driver is installed.

What can I do to successfully update to version 1903 ? Any help is highly appreciated.

Helmut Zimmermann

Cologne/Germany

:)

hzimmer3, Jul 27, 2019
  2. T-G. Win User

Windows 10 and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.0.1001

There are updated dedicated Intel drivers available for Rapid Storage Technology (formerly Matrix Storage Manager).

Your Intel RST software version is 12.9.0.1001 and is not listed as compatible for W10 - the current version is 14.8.0.1042 and is certified as W10 compatible.

You can check for Intel drivers automatically at Drivers & Software it can scan your machine and suggest drivers for download, although Intel RST requires a
    manual installation the first time on a fresh OS.

This universal file (32 & 64 bit) will also install the management console.

SetupRST.zip available here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Version: 14.8.0.1042 (Latest)Date: 12/14/2015

3. RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jul 27, 2019
  4. ameneses Win User

ameneses, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure due to Intel Rapid Storage RST driver - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade failure

2. Touch Screen & Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST):

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touch Screen & Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST):: Hi, My touchscreen stopped working, so, following searches, I uninstalled it and have been trying reinstall. This lead me to update Windows which lead to an error to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST), which I did. But then when I tried to update again, it...
  3. Windows 10 Update to version 1903 vs Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST)

Windows 10 Update to version 1903 vs Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST): I noticed this particular Windows Update had stalled with the following message... "The inbox storage driver iastora.sys doesn't work on these systems and causes stability problems on Windows. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this...
  4. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver v17.2.0.1009 released

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver v17.2.0.1009 released: As per the subject line and unless mentioned elsewhere: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version: 17.2.0.1009 released. Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver Download...
  5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  6. Intel Rapid Storage driver

Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  7. Unable to install lates "Intel RST (rapid storage technology) driver

Unable to install lates "Intel RST (rapid storage technology) driver: After getting a blue screed with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and looking for advise, I downloaded both from Intel and Dell the Inter RST driver. There is no way I can get it installed, I get that it's unsupported and "the update operation was unsuccessful". I erased the...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Intel Rapid Storage driver issue: Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) install fails

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) install fails: the latest F6 zip file on the intel site has under platforms supported "7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller". thats my processor so it should work?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel driver unable to install windows 10 1903

2. hp omen windows 10 1903 update error intel rst

3. driver iastora.sys downt work intel rapid syorage windows 10 update 1903

4. Windows 10 1903 upgrade failure due to Intel Rapid Storage RST driver ,
  5. rst ploblem,
  6. manual rst driver install,
  7. intel (r) c600 chipset sas raid upgrade driver,
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) win 10 upgrade,
  9. upgrade to windows 10 with intel rst,
  10. cannot update my driver for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Driver Version ,
  11. B85 rst Windows 10 1903,
  12. intel rst windows 10 1903,
  13. blue screen windows 10 1903 zturbo rst,
  14. windows 10 1903 intel rst series 7 Z77 ,
  15. problems with windows 1903 update rst driver