Windows 10: windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key

Discus and support windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key --- Current install of Win 10 v1809 Multiple attempts at install, I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RD King 07, May 23, 2019.

1. windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key

Windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key --- Current install of Win 10 v1809

Multiple attempts at install, I did downloaded the .iso for upgrade and tried install from there, no change. How do I get the system to recognize my digital product key for this and future upgrades?

windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key 20eaff78-c841-4f4c-b10b-fd237ec6fd1c?upload=true.jpg

:)

RD King 07, May 23, 2019

2. Product key not recognized

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my query. I have to say some of the suggestions assume a tech capability beyond me.

I think I will find the original receipt, go back to the shop, and ask them for the Product Key, then try again. I suspect it was an unauthorized copy. Maybe that will work.

George D E, May 23, 2019
  3. Product key not recognized

According to my computer, Windows7 is activated and is a genuine product. But when I attempt to download W10, it does not recognize the 25 digit Product Key. I don't know what to do.

George D E, May 23, 2019
  4. EliSherer Win User

windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, May 23, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key

1. windows 10 1903 upgrade setup will not recognize digital product key - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade setup

2. Windows Not Recognizing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Recognizing Product Key: Refer below background before occurrence of issue. 1. My laptop is running Windows 10, which was upgraded from Windows 8. 2. I started the Update & Recovery process for Windows 10 due to performance issues. 3. At some point during the process, I accidentally shut down the...
  3. Windows Not Recognizing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Recognizing Product Key: Refer below background before occurrence of issue. 1. My laptop is running Windows 10, which was upgraded from Windows 8. 2. I started the Update & Recovery process for Windows 10 due to performance issues. 3. At some point during the process, I accidentally shut down the...
  4. Windows 10 Digital License and Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License and Product key: Hi,I'm using windows 10, activated by digital license linked to my Microsoft account on this device and I'm purchasing a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. So can I use my Microsoft account which is used in this device that is activated with digital license on my new...
  5. Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key

Trying to upgrade Digital Licence with Product Key: Hi there, I'm having some trouble upgrading my version of windows 10 from home to pro. I purchased a product key in the sales to upgrade the OS, but I didn't realise my system had a digital license attached. The upgrade obviously fails as it's a product key and won't change...
  6. Digital product key

Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  7. Windows 10 Digital license to product key

Windows 10 Digital license to product key: I bought a prebuild gaming computer with windows 10 home installed. Once setting on the computer, I linked my microsoft account to the product key. Here we are a year later, I upgraded the CPU and GPU, same digital license. Now, I just installed a new motherboard, and windows...
  8. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  9. 25 digit Windows 10 Product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    25 digit Windows 10 Product key: I just want the Key in case of problems later. I bought an HP computer in 2018 with Windows 10 already installed. Where do I go to record the Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/25-digit-windows-10-product-key/8c70530c-b07a-4a55-8567-ca65023f000e
  10. Product Key for Digital Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key for Digital Upgrade: Trying to activate Win 10 Pro (just upgraded from Win 10 Home) to create an admin account. MS says it's in the receipt, but then says elsewhere if it was a digital download, you don't need one and just click on that option. Sorry, not seeing an option to continue withot a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 product key

2. key setup for windows 10 1903

3. windows 10 pro product key 1903

4. windows 10 upgrade 1903 without key,
  5. upgrade windows 10 to 1903 with the same key,
  6. lost digital window key after updateing to 1903,
  7. Setup has failed to validate the product key upgrade from w7 to w10,
  8. windows10 1903 activate without key,
  9. win 10 1903 activate admin account,
  10. 1903 not recognizing avast,
  11. windows 10 pro 1903 license key,
  12. i upgraded to windows 1903do i need activation or product key,
  13. windows 10 product key for 1903,
  14. win10 1903 setup,
  15. i have a digital key for windows 10 but when i upgrade to 1903 it says it cant find activaition key