Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins.

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is quite critical since we have about 200 people working from home, and many in the last 3 days have started to have this problem. What a horrible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin_B_Dawson, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins.

This is quite critical since we have about 200 people working from home, and many in the last 3 days have started to have this problem. What a horrible time for this to happen... it's obviously an update of some sort that has come down the line.

Here's the issue: On or about June 20th we started getting reports from a couple of people that their internet connections were dropping every 10-15 minutes. I assumed it was their WiFi or ISP issues. Almost all of them that have others in the house said that their spouses did not suffer the problem on their laptops and were working fine. I had them connect to a wired connection directly on the router. The problem still persisted with the same pattern. They were ok after a reboot for about 10-15 minutes and the drop would occur.

I got one of the laptops back in the office and confirmed it's not their ISP or Wifi. hope to get more to test

There were no recent updates that I could see in programs and features.

The curious thing is that IP/Network stack still seems to be working at a low level because I can still ping domain names out on the internet and IP addresses! This problem only seems to affect GUI based aspects of Windows. So Browsers, VPNS, Network Shares through File Explorer, Outlook 2019, Skype for Business, Teams Clients all fail until the next reboot.

I tried all the usual things to try:

• run the troubleshooter, update all the drivers including BIOS, FW, Intel Management engine etc. no help.,
    • Update Windows 10 which is next to impossible because the problem usually occurs in the middle of updates and they won't download
    • a bunch of netsh commands. Netsh resets have to be performed at an admin level, so this is out of the question for people working from home. Netsh commands temporarily bring back the connection, but after 10-15 minutes its gone again.
    • I've scanned the system for virus/malware using a number of different tools including Malwarebytes and Eset Online Scanner in safe mode.
    • I've tried removing the Eset antivirus software we use, tried uninstalling the Palo Alto Networks Global Protect VPN Client. This did not help solve the problem.

As a last resort I performed a Windows 10 recovery on the laptop using the option to remove all installed software but keep the user data. This took about an hour, and the laptop was fine again. I had to re-install all the apps and software, but it has held up so far for the last 5 days. I suspect it will get the problem again soon as this update or whatever it is hits again.

I can't do this for 200+ laptops. It will bring the company to it's knees and like all companies, were are already strapped with Covid19 fallout.

Over that last thee days July 3rd-8th it has spread to almost 40 people out of 200+ who are dependent on working from home!

Laptops affected:

• HP Elitebooks 840-G3/G4/G6 Windows 10 1909
    • HP Elitebooks 850-G3/G4 Windows 10 1909
    • HP Elitebooks X360-G6 Windows 10 2004

I believe this is wide spread, and may be isolated to HP Laptops or it may not. But finding anyone else reporting this issue using google has returned little results so far and none have been exactly the same as this.

I appreciate any help you anyone can provide.

or at least I can hopefully get the problem reported out there on the web so others aren't alone in their attempts to get an answer

Thanks

:)

Kevin_B_Dawson, Jul 8, 2020

2. Wifi dropping every 15 mins

Hello

I have a Asus laptop which has been fine this windows had a update roughly in jan/feb time. ever since then my wifi just drops randomly resulting in having to restart. Even times after restart it still does not connect.

There is no issue with my connection or location. its ever since this update.

anybody help?

Matthew.OB, Jul 8, 2020
  3. stevenc47 Win User
    Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins.

Windows 10 constantly dropping wifi.

Ever since installing Windows 10 on my computer it has been dropping wifi. The connection will last anywhere from 15 min to 2 hours and once it drops the only way to regain the connection is to restart the computer. I ran a Linux based OS on the computer
    to see if the problem would continue (indicating a hardware issue) but it worked perfectly for 3 days.

the computer is an ASUS x551 laptop.

EldestTitan, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins.

1. Windows 10 1909 & 2004 on multiple office laptops drop LAN & WiFi connections every 10-15 mins. - Similar Threads - 1909 2004 multiple

2. Blue screen of death multiple times in an hour. Every 10-15 mins!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death multiple times in an hour. Every 10-15 mins!: Hi there, Been using this surface laptop for the past year or so and occasionally it gave me the blue screen, maybe once in 6 months or so, but lately it's been quite uncontrollable. Literally every 10-15 mins at some point. It's hard to do work. Sometimes it crashes when...
  3. Blue screen of death multiple times in an hour. Every 10-15 mins!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death multiple times in an hour. Every 10-15 mins!: Hi there, Been using this surface laptop for the past year or so and occasionally it gave me the blue screen, maybe once in 6 months or so, but lately it's been quite uncontrollable. Literally every 10-15 mins at some point. It's hard to do work. Sometimes it crashes when...
  4. Blue screen of death multiple times in an hour. Every 10-15 mins!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  6. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  7. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes: My WIFI in my laptop always drops for 1 week now. It will only connect for 15 minutes then drop its connection. On the status sometimes I see connected secured but cant access any sites in any browser. I checked my other device and dont have that kind of issue. The computer...
  9. After 1909 update monitor refreshes every 15 min

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1909 update monitor refreshes every 15 min: Sleep/lock/monitor saver are all set to never. Reinstalled graphics driver ran checkdisk and dsim installed any firmware and windows updates outstanding re-ran GP updates No change in these symptoms. This is on an NEC monitor, like a TV. Only error I saw thrown at a...
  10. (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (2004) WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly: My WiFi connection to my Modem/Router drops every 5 to 10 minutes for a short time then reconnects. I know it's not my ISP as my phone works just fine, I have done several speedtests using testmy.net on my phone and have even reset my Modem to factory default settings and set...