Windows 10: Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store"

Discus and support Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to add a new account in Settings, Accounts under Family & other users a Window pops up to Search for app in the Store? You need to install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by noko59, Jan 6, 2020.

1. noko59 Win User

Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store"

When I try to add a new account in Settings, Accounts under Family & other users a Window pops up to Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task . . . Yes No. Selecting Yes basically gives window that says Try that again.

I am using a Local Account Administrator. When I select "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" in Settings, Accounts Your Info. I get the same pop up again and unable to sign into the Microsoft account.

I am only able to log in as a local administrator now. Did SFC and DISM, both were good. Not sure what my next steps would be.

:)

noko59, Jan 6, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store"

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store" - Similar Threads - 1909 Add someone

2. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I have a problem with my laptop where whenever I click "Add Someone else To this PC," It opens another window called "lusrmgr [Local Users And Groups Local]"The window shows 2 folders, Users and Groups.Because of this, I am unable to add a second user to this laptop.I've...
  3. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  5. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr.msc

"Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr.msc: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  6. Disable add someone else to this pc

Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  7. Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?": I'm trying to add a new account to my laptop, but it won't let me add as a family member or a new user. All the prompt says is "Search for an app in the Store?" "You need to install an app for this task." I selected both "Add a family member" and "Add someone else to this PC"...
  8. "Search for app in Store" pop-up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for app in Store" pop-up: We have some Windows 10 pc's working on a domain but which are not allowed to have access to the external web. --> disconnected On these pc's we run an .exe file created in C#. Before this file was working well on the same pc configuration but then still a windows 7. Now...
  9. Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else

Transferring a Windows 10 PC to Someone Else: I have an HP Laptop with an up to date version of Windows 10 Home that I want to give to an elderly friend to use. I've deleted all of my files, pictures, programs, history, etc., but I'm not sure how to delete myself as the Administrator and set up a new Administrator...
  10. Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Add someone else to this PC link is greyed out: [ATTACH] As an administrator, you may want to add multiple users to the same Windows 10 device. Sometimes, even a laptop needs multiple users such as family members. It is very easy and straightforward to add users to Windows 10 device. [...] This post Add someone else to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add someone else to this PC Search for app in the Store?

2. add someone else to this pc search for