Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for some help with this audio problem I'm having. My problem is that certain sounds are too low while others are too high, and there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlazingSoul109, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

Hi, I'm looking for some help with this audio problem I'm having. My problem is that certain sounds are too low while others are too high, and there is no bass. This happens while I'm on Youtube, watching a movie or playing video games . For example, lets say I'm playing a shooter and I fire my weapon. The sound would be extremely loud but everything else would be very quiet like characters talking, footsteps, ambience, etc. I feel like I've tried everything to fix it but nothing works. I tried updating audio drivers, loudness equalization barely helps, uninstalling and reinstalling the same audio drivers. This is a custom PC I got about a week and a half ago and I've been trying to figure this out since it arrived. I'm using a ASRock Z390 Pro4 motherboard on Windows 10 1909 update using Realtek High Definition Audio. I also tried resetting my entire computer but that didn't help either. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? I don't know much about these types of things and I'm kinda bummed out currently. The last thing I can think of that I haven't tried is updating my motherboard BIOS but I'm extremely scared that I might mess something up and I spent a lot of money on this computer. Everything else works fine on my PC except the sound problem. I'm willing to try things I've already tried again. Anythings helps.

PS: I had a problem similar to this with my previous PC. It happened after a Windows 10 update back in...September 2019? I remember I was using Windows 10 1803 and my sound was completely fine, it had good bass and audio with no issues whatsoever. Then it got updated to 1903 and I noticed immediately that my sound was muffled, it had very flat sounding audio and some sounds in general were either very low or very high. That problem was never solved but I was going to get a new PC anyway so I just dealt with it. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if there is something going else on here. I don't even know if this is something I can fix or if I have to wait for a new Windows update to fix it.

:)

BlazingSoul109, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 20, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

1. Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues? - Similar Threads - 1909 Audio Issues

2. Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 VPN issues: I use a Cisco VPN connection to connect to my office network. About 2 months back I had a windows 10 upgrade 1909. After that update I have been facing major internet speed issues on the VPN. I have a 120 mbps connection but I get 0.1 mbps once I am on the office VPN. My...
  3. Windows 10 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 issue: I've been having issues with my windows since the last security update back around march 9 booting it up takes like 30 minutes now and when I check the disk usage my main hdd is running at 100% only program draining it seems to be system.exe, I've had corrupted hdd's before...
  4. Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver issue after windows update 1909: Hi. I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped it sounds like a phone speaker now So here is my setup: MSI b350 gaming pro carbon motherboard AMD ryzen 2700x 32GB Corsair Vengeance pro ram Nvidia GeForce GTX...
  5. Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update

Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update: I have looked at a bunch of articles with the Steelseries headsets that have multiple out sources. Example mine had a dedicated chat audio land for both input and output. Then the Headset also has a single output called Game. I have tried uninstall reinstalling drivers, going...
  6. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...
  7. Windows 10 1909 Installation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 Installation issue: Hi All, I am having issue while installing win10 1909 on my laptop.Have checked the same new Dell laptop 6-7qty we are unable to boot it from USB and even unable to burn the iso on DVD -UEFI Mode If we install in legacy it will install but once rebooted it goes to...
  8. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

Windows 10 update 1909 Issue: Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection...
  9. Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering

Windows 10 1909 - Audio Stuttering: I didn't use 1903 version until november but after that I upgraded my system to 1909. So below 1903 versions(1511,1607,1709,1803,1809) I didn't get any audio stuttering on games, videos etc. but after upgrading my system I have. Funny thing is, after KB4505903 rolled out, I...
  10. Audio Issues - win10 - Os build 1909

Audio Issues - win10 - Os build 1909: Hi guys, I don't know if you guys ever counter this issue before, but after the package update my audio has been having these small little static noise that comes up pretty often if I'm listening to music or gaming, once in a while it's fine by me but then it occurs lots...