Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First off I cant bring up task manager to restart explorer... I wish it was that simple. *Sad The computer boots normally but once windows starts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robynb1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. robynb1 Win User

Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow

First off I cant bring up task manager to restart explorer... I wish it was that simple. *Sad

The computer boots normally but once windows starts to load it hangs at a blank screen with my curser and the spinning circle. I am not able to get to the login screen. No hardware changes have been made recently. I don't think any updates have installed either.

Prior to it failing to boot windows was in hibernate. when it came out of hibernate it was unstable the task bar kept reloading (explorer kept crashing and reloading I presume). I restarted and it seemed to be fine initially. tried starting outlook and a file was corrupt. tried running a repair on office then launched my browser. The system then crashed again and now wont boot into windows.

Windows has tried repairing the drive
    I Have tried startup repair
    I have tried booting into safe mode (same thing as windows)

My guess is windows is too far corrupted and will have to be reinstalled. I am posting to hopefully get a second opinion and maybe some suggestions on what else to try.

:)

robynb1, Feb 22, 2021
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

reseat your gpu's disable crossfire

eidairaman1, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow

1. Windows 10 1909 boots to blank screen with arrow - Similar Threads - 1909 boots blank

2. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot: adobe 3rd gen system i try to install windows 10 on legacy boot when i select legacy boot screen gone blank and after 5 sec system getting restart but when i try to boot ntfs it's install without any problem how can i install in legacy boot...
  3. Pc booting to a blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc booting to a blank screen: So if I can get some help here My desktop boots into a purely black screen. Normally when it boots, it displays the "ibuypower" logo, then shortly after it loads up the windows login screen (win10) When I booted it this morning, I got the ibuypower logo, then nothing....
  4. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  5. Blank Screens, Can't Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screens, Can't Boot: First off, this is a laptop of my mother's that I'm attempting to fix. I havevery little information on it. I'll try to give what I can, though. I know it ran Windows 10 and is an HP laptop, some kind of Beats one. Beyond that, there is absolutely no text, codes, or any...
  6. blank screen on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  7. Screen blank at boot no cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blank at boot no cursor: When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two...
  8. Windows 10 booting - blank screen instead of login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting - blank screen instead of login screen: HI all, I have a strange windows issue. When I boot up the PC it seems to boot up normally, but when the windows login wallpaper is meant to show. I just get a black screen. No flashing cursor. I am also unable to: RDP - I am prompted to login but after entering...
  9. Help! Booting to a blank screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Booting to a blank screen!: My computer started up from sleep this morning to a red screen (an accent color I'm using), thought maybe it had crashed, so I restarted but now all that shows up is the red screen. The cursor still works, the only things that respond to the keyboard are the narrator program...
  10. Windows 10 boots to blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to blank screen: Hello people, It has been a while since I posted. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that is giving me fits. It was having an issue with explorer restarting continuously after it was upgraded from windows 7 by the customer. I recommended a clean install and backed up all...