Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The title basically says it all I thought that the error was related to one program but it turns out that anything I try to install that install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Koolbreeze4201, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?

The title basically says it all I thought that the error was related to one program but it turns out that anything I try to install that install a shortcut receives the 1909 error most can carry one but some can't and they report having a fatal instal error and I have no clue how to correct it.

:)

Koolbreeze4201, Nov 14, 2018

2. Program Install Shortcut Error 1909

If you are reading this, then most likely you have discovered a new wrinkle in the Fall Creators Edition of Windows 10 and this one does not play well with others - namely the program installer and error 1909. The problem is some type of conflict with
    a newer element of the Windows Defender Security Center - the controlled folder access function. The solution is pretty ez-peasey, just disable it in the security center and run the installer again - error should not return - Security Center>Virus and threat
    protection>Virus and threat>controlled folder access -side to off and, just like an injection of botox, this wrinkle will disappear,

mylesmiller1, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this? Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this? :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?

1. Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this? - Similar Threads - 1909 error every

2. Installation failled to create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation failled to create shortcuts: Hello,I have a problem when I try to install Sibelius in my computer. It's a music notaion software.It happens that during the installation process, the installer creates the shortcuts, but at this part, the process freezes and I can't complete it. What can I do? Is there any...
  3. Installation failled to create shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation failled to create shortcuts: Hello,I have a problem when I try to install Sibelius in my computer. It's a music notaion software.It happens that during the installation process, the installer creates the shortcuts, but at this part, the process freezes and I can't complete it. What can I do? Is there any...
  4. How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Usually, to access the Bluetooth feature on your Windows 10 device, you need to […] This article How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. G920 not correctly installing under Windows 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    G920 not correctly installing under Windows 10 Version 1909: During the last hours I tried to get my G920 running again. Unfortunately without any success... The problem is, as far as I could find out through my research, that the G920 is detected in Xbox mode and does not install the correct drivers. I think I have gone through...
  6. How to stop Windows 10 from creating shortcut for every single file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop Windows 10 from creating shortcut for every single file: Does anyone has the solution to disable the file shortcut autocreation? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-creating-shortcut-for/67f96989-6e2c-4815-8324-b70222b36f6d
  7. creating windows 10 1909 installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating windows 10 1909 installation USB: Hi This page : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 Will allow me to install windows 10 Pro 1909 build on my PC ? I checked the downloaded files like it is here How to Find the Windows version, build and edition from ISO or DVD >> Winhelponline I found it...
  8. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  9. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  10. want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point': want to create a shortcut for ' create restore point'. managed to find the ' use a restore point file' but this only allows restoration from a restore point not. relation of one. i know there a few ways to do this, but want to put a link on my start menu. cant be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 1909 windows 10

2. windows 10 error 1909

3. win 10 1909 iso

4. single sign on error 1909,
  5. windows 10 1909 says it was installed on 10/8,
  6. How to fix Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut error on window 10,
  7. 1909 error installation error,
  8. 1909 error,
  9. errore 1909 windows 10,
  10. windows 10 1909,
  11. error 1909