Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 going nuts

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 going nuts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my gaming laptop started getting 100% HDD usage which also affected performance greatly(PC is slow on cold boot,5 second delay to exit steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stalin_drugi, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 1909 going nuts

Recently my gaming laptop started getting 100% HDD usage which also affected performance greatly(PC is slow on cold boot,5 second delay to exit steam update window, 4 seconds to swipe up lock screen) but even at 100% usage it gets fast for short amount of time but most of the time it is slow. Superfetch and all similar things are turned off long ago.

submitted by /u/Stalin_drugi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stalin_drugi, Feb 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 1909 going nuts

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 going nuts

1. Windows 10 1909 going nuts - Similar Threads - 1909 going nuts

2. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  3. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  4. Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts: this might be a one time thing but eh. 2nd time posting here too, i am really shit at tech :( anyways, about an hour ago after turning on my pc from sleeping it takes a while to turn on the monitor, after a couple minutes windows says that my driver didn't respond and it...
  5. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  6. Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts)

Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts): I’m about to go crazy. A couple weeks ago my Bluetooth started having issues. Whenever I have headphones connected they randomly disconnect. Sometimes they work for a couple hours, sometimes they drop after 5 minutes. I was using a crappy usb dongle, so I bought a new one...
  7. I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness

I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness: To make this simple Adaptive brightness is off (registry, intel control panel, option not showing up in power options. This all started today. It sucks. I am on an Acer laptop. The problem only occurs when my laptop is plugged in. When it's on battery it works fine. Every...
  8. Trying to update to 1909 this is nuts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to update to 1909 this is nuts: I was trying to update my computer to fix my full disk. It got stuck at Downloading 100%. Then I tried to get help with "Get Help". The "virtual agent" restarted my progress and now I'm installing all over again! Why is your virtual helper this harmful? The error I got...
  9. Windows go nuts when need to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows go nuts when need to update: This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10. The this is: Why windows became nuts when an update is ready to install? This is what happens to me, not all at the same time, but usually most of the...
  10. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713