Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan M Mills, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85% giving me the same result, originally i had no issue of this until 1903 came out which ruined this!

After alot of googling i found that the windows 10 gamemode was causing this and disabling it fixed this issue, since then 1909 has caused the same issue as before, it is ignoring my power options (ONLY WHILE GAMING) and gamemode id disabled, i restarted the computer since, i cannot get the computer to obey this rule! I dont understand why they would make anything override these settings, just seems straight up stupid!

I cannot revert back to previous version of windows as it is not an option for some reason?!!!!! I do not know if resetting the pc (holding shift when pressing restart) will restore to a lower version or not!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Ryan M Mills, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

1. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options? - Similar Threads - 1909 ignoring power

2. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  3. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...
  4. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  5. power plan ignored after update to windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    power plan ignored after update to windows 10 1909: Hi, i recently installed an update of windows 10, my system power plans were working effectively but after the upgrade to windows 10 version 1909, my power plans suddenly are being ignored, even after setting maximum and minimum cpu to 100%, my games and other apps are still...
  6. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  7. Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options: I cannot work out how to get my laptop to work properly with the sleep options since updating to 1909. I want to close the lid so it goes into sleep mode so that when I open the laptop lid the next time it loads straight away and also I want the fast startup option as well....
  8. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  9. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored: I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless. How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken? Please advise?...
  10. Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hard disk burst ignore time to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Hard disk burst ignore time" from Power Options in Windows Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. The...