Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I recently reinstalled my Windows OS as I upgraded SSDs, however after the update my system no longer turns of the monitors at all. It now instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CasperTheEpic, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help

So I recently reinstalled my Windows OS as I upgraded SSDs, however after the update my system no longer turns of the monitors at all. It now instead locks them.

Which is fine I honestly don't mind the locking of my system but what I do mind is my monitors blinding me in the middle of the night.
    I've tried changing sleep settings I've tried running powercfg -request and nothing is requesting power, I've reset all power setting to defaults and I've made sure my system is updated to the latest Windows updates. I'm lost on what else I can do, I have no working restore points as its a clean install and my previous install it worked just fine.

Can someone please help me get the resolved?

:)

CasperTheEpic, Mar 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping

Twice in a row the system has successfully recovered from sleep without locking up, after previously freezing hard twice when 1909 was installed.

1909 seems to be the culprit.

Mark Olbert, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping

Additional info...

I uninstalled the 1909 update, and my system now appears to be behaving the way it did before 1909 was installed as regards returning from sleep: it is not locking up.

I'll update this thread with additional information as I continue to observe my system.

Mark Olbert, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help

Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping

Try to enable "allow hybrid sleep" setting in Advanced settings of Power Options.

It seems that doing this just cured exactly the same problem on my PC after updating to 1909.

{{-Alex-}}, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help

1. Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help - Similar Threads - 1909 locks system

2. Windows 10 computer shutting down instead of sleeping. Help Please.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 computer shutting down instead of sleeping. Help Please.: HelloI really need help as I am at the end of ideas and it is really pissing me off.Every now and then Not every time when I put my PC Tower not laptop to sleep it will try to go to sleep. The screen goes black as if asleep but the PC is on like it is running normally but...
  3. Windows 10 computer shutting down instead of sleeping. Help Please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer shutting down instead of sleeping. Help Please.: HelloI really need help as I am at the end of ideas and it is really pissing me off.Every now and then Not every time when I put my PC Tower not laptop to sleep it will try to go to sleep. The screen goes black as if asleep but the PC is on like it is running normally but...
  4. Windows 10 computer shutting down instead of sleeping. Help Please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locks instead of sleeping: I bought a brand new Dell laptop, and I have noticed that when I close the lid or simply press the power button it just locks instead of going to sleep. In the Control Panel it is also set to go to sleep see screenshot, and I don't know what is happening. I have to shut down...
  6. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

Laptop locks instead of sleeping: I bought a brand new Dell laptop, and I have noticed that when I close the lid or simply press the power button it just locks instead of going to sleep. In the Control Panel it is also set to go to sleep see screenshot, and I don't know what is happening. I have to shut down...
  7. Laptop locks instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.: My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online. My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen. The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC...
  9. unable to put system to sleep.

unable to put system to sleep.: I noticed the other day that my PC is no longer able to sleep. If i tell my PC to sleep even from the login screen after turning on the system, the screen will turn black, but the system never enters sleep. if i tell the system to sleep, the screen will blank for a minute or...
  10. Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping

Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping: <flame on>Congratulations, Microsoft! You've once again apparently managed to distribute an update -- 1909 or maybe the KB4524570 "quality" update -- which hard locks my system when it sleeps. Whatever testing regime you're using is suspect, inadequate or both. <flame off>...