Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi folks, I installed Windows 10 1909 from scratch in english. After that I installed via dism.exe german language pack call dism.exe /norestart... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by marco hartmann, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu

Hi folks,

I installed Windows 10 1909 from scratch in english.

After that I installed via dism.exe german language pack

call dism.exe /norestart /online /add-package /packagepath:"c:\temp\Microsoft-Windows-Client-Language-Pack_x64_de-de.cab"

and set the default display language over xml to german

call C:\Windows\System32\control.exe intl.cpl,,/f:"c:\temp\configuartion.xml".

Now I can no longer enter letters in the search field. The start menu also no longer responds to the input of characters.

Bug?

Any help?

Kind regards Marco

:)

marco hartmann, Dec 16, 2019
  2. YKKY Win User

Windows 10 1909 start menu side-bar behavior

I'm currently using Windows 10 1903 and it is the first Windows 10 version I'm using as my primary OS.

I've tried 1909 (18363.418) already and noticed that when I hover the cursor over the side-bar on the left of the Windows Start Menu, the side-bar expands to its full size instead of just showing the tooltip for the hovered item like in 1903.

Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu b4h0d.png

In 1903 there is the standard three-stripes icon on the top for ones who not satisfied with tooltips and want to expand the Start Menu side-bar.

In 1909's Start Menu this icon also exists and expands the side-bar to its full size, as expected.

The problem is hovering the mouse over the 1909's Start Menu side-bar also expands the side-bar to its full size instead of just showing the tooltip for the hovered side-bar item.

I've searched several times through the whole Settings app but haven't found how to get rid of this annoying behavior.

May be I can change something in the registry?

3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu

quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu

1. Windows 10 1909 MUI broken search bar and start menu - Similar Threads - 1909 MUI broken

2. windows 10 start menu search bar

in Cortana
    windows 10 start menu search bar: Hello, i recently installed windows 10 on my new computer and have noticed that the search bar doesnt work, whenever I use the search bar it only gets to about 3 letters, freezes then closes after about 10-15 seconds if anyone could explain why this is happening or howIi...
  3. Start menu search funtion broken

in Cortana
    Start menu search funtion broken: In the bottom left of the screen, I have enabled the little search button next to the windows icon. clicking this button does nothing. Typing while the start menu is open does nothing. Attempting to disable the button/combine it with the start menu button does nothing....
  4. Start Menu Program Search Broken

in Cortana
    Start Menu Program Search Broken: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will also still show in the results after having been removed. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer,...
  5. Search bars and start menu broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bars and start menu broken: Search bar in task bar does not accept any input and flickers when clicked, search bars in windows accept input but display only empty pages instead of search results. Right clicking in start menu won't work and I also can't open any cascading menus in the start menu. Had...
  6. Broken icons start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken icons start menu search: [ATTACH] In the last 2 days I found this issue on my windows, not sure how many icons are affected but it looks really awful, it seem to be only on the search part of the start menu and to include most but not all the apps, what can I do to fix it? Thanks...
  7. New 1909 search bar is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New 1909 search bar is broken: It has been less than 12 hours since I installed the update but so far the search bar has become unresponsive on 2 separate occasions. The cursor does not show. It is just frozen. The first one happened during normal use and the other just happened right now after waking up...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 search bar not working

2. windows 10 1909 search not working after language pack

3. windows 10 language pack start menu search

4. 1909 control.exe intl.cpl,
  5. Windows 10 1909 mui,
  6. windows 1909 search,
  7. windows 1909 start menu search broken,
  8. win10 1909 search broken,
  9. MUI language CAB windows 10 1909,
  10. Mui language windows 10 1909,
  11. windows 10 search bar not working after upgrading to ver 1909,