Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HELLo, After an update to 1909 I get this weird, extremely, almost smash my computer to bits and pieces scrolling issue. Whenever I scroll down, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fjeddy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. /u/fjeddy Win User

Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.

HELLo,

After an update to 1909 I get this weird, extremely, almost smash my computer to bits and pieces scrolling issue. Whenever I scroll down, it will randomly scroll back up, some times just a little bit, other times quite a lot.

The issue completely vanished for a couple of weeks, then it suddenly came back. It's super annoying.

• Tried to re-install the HID mouse drivers
    • Tried to re-install Windows 10 from USB (clean install)
    • Tried to install the official drivers for the mouse (Steelseries Kana v2)
    • Tried to use different USB ports

Nothing I do, seems to fix the issue, it's the same computer and same mouse I've used for years, without any issues. Until the Windows 1909 update, the issue happen on three different computers, with two different mouses, tho, not when using the trackpad.

Take a look at this video for a preview: https://streamable.com/shuc8

In the preview I'm already at the bottom, and I just keep scrolling down, it's the easiest way to showcase the bug, but it happens on Chrome, Discord, Edge, Atom and anything else, and it doesn't matter if you're at the beginning or at the end, while scrolling down it will scroll a bit back up, repeatedly. Making it unbearable to use.

submitted by /u/fjeddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fjeddy, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Pedr Win User

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Pedr, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down. - Similar Threads - 1909 scrolls scrolling

2. Scroll Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Down: I have installed Microsoft Casual Games on a new Acer Chrome Notepad. Al is OK but it is not possible to scroll down. I have tried to unistall and replace but no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-down/ad19cfcc-bf72-4b60-b2a8-5bf7a31842b1
  3. Scroll Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Down: I have installed Microsoft Casual Games on a new Acer Chrome Notepad. Al is OK but it is not possible to scroll down. I have tried to unistall and replace but no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-down/ad19cfcc-bf72-4b60-b2a8-5bf7a31842b1
  4. Scroll Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  6. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  7. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  8. System settings scrolling down and not going back up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System settings scrolling down and not going back up: I click the gear in my task bar and open settings and it zips down to the bottom and doesn't let me scroll back up. Every system menu auto shoots me down to the bottom and I can't change anything. Only in settings no where else, wtf. Only thing different and new is I hooked...
  9. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  10. Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down

in Browsers and Email
    Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down: Ever since I received updates last week Just about every website I go to gives me a multitude of script errors and trouble scrolling. I have used the tools-- internet--advance settings to check the settings to prevent this but nothing appears to function. Is there some other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after scrolling down in open widow it defaults to top of window