Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 Search Is Frustrating To Use

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 Search Is Frustrating To Use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back in January I upgraded from 1809 to 1909 (I'd skipped 1903). By the end of the day I found myself reverting back to 1809. It was the only time ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjfarr, Feb 13, 2020.

1. pjfarr Win User

Windows 10 1909 Search Is Frustrating To Use

Back in January I upgraded from 1809 to 1909 (I'd skipped 1903). By the end of the day I found myself reverting back to 1809. It was the only time ever I went back to a previous version of Windows after upgrading. There were certain aesthetic changes I didn't like, but the deal-breaker for me was the new search "improvements." (I'm referring to searching from a folder window.) Gone was the blue highlighting of correct syntax and the little assistive popups (like the calendar and file type index) when entering certain types of search terms. Also, there were odd little glitches like the search box freezing or being unable to alter or correct text without clearing it all and starting again. I use search quite a bit and these changes made it frustrating and unusable for me. It's like they stripped the search feature down to its bare bones.

I know there has been many others complaining about these things too, so the purpose of this post isn't to add to those complaints, but to find out if anyone can tell me if these things I mentioned have been fixed or re-implemented yet. If so, I'll be happy to upgrade again. If not, how long can I hang on to 1809 before an upgrade is forced on me?

:)

pjfarr, Feb 13, 2020
  2. KoenDeco Win User

Problems with search in Windows 1909

Hi,

I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909

• In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct.
    • When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula.
    • When I use for instance the keyword “kind” I don’t get help to choose between the different kinds that are available.
    This is a huge step backwards for me. Is there a way to fix it?

Sincerely,

Koen

KoenDeco, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1909 Search Is Frustrating To Use - Similar Threads - 1909 Search Frustrating

2. windows 10 frustrations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 frustrations: How do I get full control over windows? I am tired of windows 10 telling me I don't have permission. I want am the only user and an administrator. I want FULL control over my PC. What do I need for full control?...
  3. Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search not responding.: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to search a file by its name, nothing showed up. Not even the search bar and its interface do anything. I have included a video of...
  4. Windows 10 1909 search function is not available

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search function is not available: The search function of windows 10 1909 cannot be used. Once you click the search icon, it will disappear. It is impossible to successfully establish a test account, SFC, msconfig, and download ISO for repair. What else can I do?...
  5. Windows 10 1909 - Search Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 - Search Button: How to disable windows explorer search button don't need press button when I search. Make it auto like the previous version? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-search-button/3242a756-665b-41cc-b6a8-1c420084a108
  6. windows 10 search 1909

in Cortana
    windows 10 search 1909: When I open windows 10 search it is always blank and it does not shows any result can I get help in this issue Thanks you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-1909/c53d1715-0b49-46ec-96c3-fa7fb0af16d4"
  7. Cannot use search in the File explorer on Windows 10 1909 18363.535

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use search in the File explorer on Windows 10 1909 18363.535: Hey. I have had windows 10 for quite a while. Recently I noticed, that I cannot type into the search field in File Explorer when I want to search for a file in some folder. This behavior appeared from nowhere and now renders this feature unusable and it is driving me...
  8. Problems with search in Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with search in Windows 1909: Hi, I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909 In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct. When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula. When I use for instance the keyword “kind”...
  9. Windows Search is not working on 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is not working on 1909: Actually I can't use my windows search since version 1903 because that update somehow bugged my bar and I was hoping that it would be fixed in 1909, but it didn't. How can I fix this ? submitted by /u/trise5 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 frustration

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 frustration: I started my computer today and the computer was starting up and a light blue screen popped up titled "Choose an option" Continue-Exit and continue to windows 10 Use another operating system Troubleshoot Turn off PC The only problem is when I get to this screen I have...