Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 search not responding. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, May 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

Hi,

I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro to 1909 November '19 update. Everything worked fine until today when I turned on my laptop and tried to search a file by its name, nothing showed up. Not even the search bar and its interface do anything. I have included a video of what really happens.

Video Link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ap7XG7_JUzwLjUEaezi-g42dLJqc?e=CvPk4M

What I have already tried:

I ended the Cortana process and started Cortana again.

I run the troubleshooter for search and indexing.

Ended SearchUI.exe process.

Rebuilt indexing options.

=========================================================================

After trying so many things, none of them worked. Also, the issue is specific to the Taskbar search and Control Panel but it doesn't occur in Windows Explorer.

Kindly help me out because I am stuck.

Thanks.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, May 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

Windows 10 1909 search not responding. [​IMG]

Windows 10 1909 search not responding. [​IMG]

I think we can conclude the answer is ...yes...

If you have upgraded from 1903, just uninstall the 1909 enablement package (listed as a Windows update) to go back to 1903.

You have Pro so can take control by setting upgrades to be deferred for 365 days, and updates to 'Notify' in group policy.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 1, 2020
  4. KoenDeco Win User

Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

Problems with search in Windows 1909

Hi,

I have problems with advanced search in Windows 1909

• In the formula I type, I don’t get blue text indicating that the formula is correct.
    • When I need dates in the formula, I don’t get a calendar to help me compose the formula.
    • When I use for instance the keyword “kind” I don’t get help to choose between the different kinds that are available.
    This is a huge step backwards for me. Is there a way to fix it?

Sincerely,

Koen

KoenDeco, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 search not responding.

1. Windows 10 1909 search not responding. - Similar Threads - 1909 search responding

2. Search windows 10 \ not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search windows 10 \ not responding: How to fix the problem not responding ?When I try to search about any document I saved and don't know its location, the computer got not responding. For example, I choose partition D , E and I write in the search bar .. it gets irritated and lastly not responding.The solution...
  3. Search windows 10 \ not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search windows 10 \ not responding: How to fix the problem not responding ?When I try to search about any document I saved and don't know its location, the computer got not responding. For example, I choose partition D , E and I write in the search bar .. it gets irritated and lastly not responding.The solution...
  4. Search windows 10 \ not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Search Window not responding

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Window not responding: Windows 10 Search Window not responding and to my knowledge I do not use Cortana. I don't even know what it's all about. But I need help to fix the problem with searching the internet; accessing sights like FB and Ebay. Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 1909 - Search Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 - Search Button: How to disable windows explorer search button don't need press button when I search. Make it auto like the previous version? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-search-button/3242a756-665b-41cc-b6a8-1c420084a108
  7. Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer search 1909 boken, freezes, crashes not responding.: Since updating to Windows 10 1909 the search bar in explorer is painfully broken. It's slow, bugs out, freezes and hangs. Windows explorer stops responding and even crashes. Searching for anything gives me results but then I end up with a grey search box and I have to close...
  8. windows 10 search 1909

in Cortana
    windows 10 search 1909: When I open windows 10 search it is always blank and it does not shows any result can I get help in this issue Thanks you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-1909/c53d1715-0b49-46ec-96c3-fa7fb0af16d4"
  9. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: Dear all, A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried all the...
  10. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: <p>Dear all,</p><p></p><p>A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search 1909 getting stuck

2. windows 10 search not working 1909