Windows 10: Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font

Discus and support Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not really asking a question or for help, just want to indicate that today I needed to uninstall several fonts from my system and every time one was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seamus McGowan, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font

Not really asking a question or for help, just want to indicate that today I needed to uninstall several fonts from my system and every time one was uninstalled the Settings application crashed.

The fonts installed fine and seemed to work fine. I have had zero issues with the fonts on MacOS.

Fonts that I was uninstalling: Cartograph, Cousine, Dank Mono, FIra Code, Hasklig. But I believe uninstalling any font would cause the Settings app to crash.

To uninstall the font I would open the Settings app, go to Personalization/Fonts, click on the font on the font I want to uninstall, scroll down to the uninstall button and click. After uninstalling a single font from the family the Settings app would crash.

Other than this I haven't had any other noteworthy issues with this installation.

Here is the crash info from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5
    Faulting module name: SettingsHandlers_Fonts.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x14f34d6f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000054b4
    Faulting process id: 0x72c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ddf5d9ce9fa9
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\SettingsHandlers_Fonts.dll
    Report Id: 3a6fd71f-3c13-4631-9df4-d0214a4fd4f4
    Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Here's the raw XML from the event viewer:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-<System>

<ProviderName="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-02-07T20:09:05.416326000Z" />

<EventRecordID>4496</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Rocinante</Computer>

<Security/>

</System>

-<EventData>

<Data>SystemSettings.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.449</Data>

<Data>066bf1a5</Data>

<Data>SettingsHandlers_Fonts.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.1</Data>

<Data>14f34d6f</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00000000000057df</Data>

<Data>1280</Data>

<Data>01d5ddf268850867</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\System32\SettingsHandlers_Fonts.dll</Data>

<Data>9925c12b-6b12-4f0b-b4b1-5d3f86bd137f</Data>

<Data>windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy</Data>

<Data>microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Seamus McGowan, Feb 7, 2020

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font

1. Windows 10 1909: Settings App Crashes Every Time I Uninstall a Font - Similar Threads - 1909 Settings App

2. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  3. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  4. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  6. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  7. Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts: As the subject clearly states, after uninstalling a single font, usually, the font settings app crashes immediately. Sometimes I can uninstall two to three, but 99% of the time it's just the one before crashing. I first went to this discussion;...
  8. The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section: The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section. Also, when I click on check of updates it keeps searching in an infinite loop. I am currently running windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.535....
  9. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.: I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But...
  10. Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting a Windows Update to 1909 Crashes PC Every Time: Hey there all! My PC is currently running version 1803, Windows 10 Education. About two weeks ago, I wanted to talk to some of my friends via Xbox Party chat so I attempted to install the Xbox PC Beta app. It told me that my Windows needed an update and I looked it up and I...