Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seafish247, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took seconds. What can I do?

Fast start is disabled and did the same thing when turned on.

There is no more updates and there is nothing slowing down the progress of shutdown and starting up(no task running just windows).

submitted by /u/Seafish247
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seafish247, Nov 22, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary device not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 22, 2019
  4. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

1. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - 1909 slow shutdown

2. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  3. Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart: Why is Windows 11 slow to Shutdown and Restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-11-slow-to-shutdown-and-restart/ba71a796-5acf-45e1-accc-da6317471ece
  4. Windows 10 *Extreme* Slow restart and sometimes shutdown also

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 *Extreme* Slow restart and sometimes shutdown also: Hello Everyone,I recently have downgraded to win10 from win11 due to some driver availability reasons. I have set it up properly with all drivers and everything updated. Currently I have 21H1 Build 19043.1620 and past few days, I am facing some really bad restarting issues....
  5. laptop restart and shutdown slow process

laptop restart and shutdown slow process: its taking lot of time for shutting down and restarting my laptop, screen gets off and still power button is showing on . almost it takes 1-2 minutes to shut down and restart...
  6. Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Random Shutdowns/Restarts after 1909 update: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC started shuttingdown and restarting randomly (but mostly when I was idling), so I thought that my PSU was dying so I changed it. After changing it, the issue persists so I checked other components too and they're okay. I saw that there are...
  7. Slow Restart For Some Reason--Windows 10 Pro 1909

Slow Restart For Some Reason--Windows 10 Pro 1909: Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535 Windows Defender Malwarebytes 4 Free Lately whenever i restart system takes like 1-5 minutes to go from Restarting screen to fully restarting, While updating today took at least 10 minutes before finally restarted, Previous Antivirus was Avast,...
  8. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown: new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-restart-slow-start-after-shutdown/44277b0f-bbe8-4c5a-8a95-45c205c50e2e
  9. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  10. slow boot/shutdown/restart

slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 long time to shut down 1909

2. 1909 slow shutdown

3. windows 10 1909 boot taking 1 min 30 seconds