Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've installed update on my laptop and know i have storage problems. Every time i boot Windows, i have around 1GB free space on C:\ partition, and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrDusanNikolic, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update

I've installed update on my laptop and know i have storage problems.
    Every time i boot Windows, i have around 1GB free space on C:\ partition, and in short time it gets zeroed..
    I've done disk check, nothing. Searched with Disk cleanup, nothing. All files and folders in C:\ don't use whole storage. Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update 1f58311d-6112-46a2-a343-c0a156512647?upload=true.png

Pic's will explain more.

:)

DrDusanNikolic, Nov 13, 2019

2. storage problem with windows 10 updates

Hi Xiaodung,

The troubleshooting steps that we will be providing should be based on the device that you are using. For better assistance, we would like to clarify some information:

• What device and Windows version are you using?
    • Just to verify, do you just want to clean up your storage space and not upgrade/update to Windows 10?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update

1. Windows 10 1909 storage problem after update - Similar Threads - 1909 storage problem

2. Windows 10 1909 Cumulative Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 Cumulative Update Problems: I have several computers running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909. Many of these computers need the updates "2020-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4578974" and "2020-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for...
  3. Windows 10 1909 Update Problem!

Windows 10 1909 Update Problem!: Hello, I had upgraded from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1909 Update. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440s. But now I am having a lot of problems on this Windows 10 1909 update. Actually I was going to update to Windows 10 2004 version but I heard that it had many problems, so...
  4. Windows 10 1909 update problem

Windows 10 1909 update problem: this update Windows 10 1909 has been attempted several times, but seems to hang up each time at 91%. Each time the update runs for hours. Last time it ran for nearly 24 hours and was at 91% for over 8 hours before I shut the computer off. What do I need to do to enable the...
  5. Windows 10 1909 update problem

Windows 10 1909 update problem: My laptop simply died after updating to the new update of Windows 10 1909. First the laptop could not enter after the registration process appeared the blank screen....
  6. windows update 1909 problem

windows update 1909 problem: after I download and get the update of windows1909. most of my software can not be opened ,and it shows as the pictures. can anyone meet the same problem and have solutionsto this! thanks! [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 1909 update problems

Windows 10 1909 update problems: Had to do a restore back to Windows 10 1903 after 1909 update. Start menu had disappeared, Edge had disappeared and lots more. Okay after restore. Now I'm prompted again for another 1909 update. What should I do?...
  8. Problems with Windows Update 1909

Problems with Windows Update 1909: I have tried to update from version 1803 many times and each time it reaches 89% in the installation and freezes. I then have to turn off the power and turn it on again, whereupon it restores the previous version. Microsoft support phoned me over the course of a week and this...
  9. Windows 10 version 1909 update problem.

Windows 10 version 1909 update problem.: I have tried to upgrade from version 1809 to 1909 twice, and both times I have encountered this problem. After the update, I can no longer open "Device Manager", "File Explorer" and other items after right clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left of the screen. Is...
  10. Windows 10 1909 update problem

Windows 10 1909 update problem: My laptop simply died after updating to the new update of Windows 10 1909. First the laptop could not enter after the registration process appeared the blank screen. Please help...