Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I was originally gonna stick this one out but its been driving me nuts So for the longest time I was on windows 1809, refusing to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamexxx, Mar 4, 2020.

1. jamexxx Win User

Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart

Hello all,

I was originally gonna stick this one out but its been driving me nuts

So for the longest time I was on windows 1809, refusing to upgrade to a newer version after my first attempt yielded the mysterious restart problem.

Recently though, I received many tips from Microsoft to update because the version was going to soon be out of date and no longer supported. I relented and finally installed, which alone was a headache as the PC on multiple occasions simply refused to update after restarting, instead undoing the changes when booting. Anyways the update did eventually install, and soon enough the restart problems began again.

Here are some things I've observed with my PC.

-Any heavy loads such as playing games would cause the restart bluestacks emulator seems to crash very frequently

-Graphing software such as Geogebra also tend to crash although some intense graphs need to be drawn before this happens

-Weird buzzing noise was playing through my headphones if any audio was playing when the restart happened

-No BSOD

-No error messages

-System temps for cpu and gpu were well within safe temps 70-80 degrees Celsius

-RAM never exceeded 80% usage

-Does not restart if doing web browsing or writing documents on word

I've watched almost every video or article related to this issue, but none seem to work.

Some things i tried:

-Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

-Cleaned my PC to get rid of dust not that there was much dust in the first place

-Tried changing windows power options

-Checked power supply and how many watts it was drawing

-Tried windows troubleshooting tool

My PC is actually a pre-built from Dell. Inspiron 5675 desktop to be precise with a ryzen 1400 and rx 570.

If anyone has any further tips on how to remove this annoying bug I would appreciate it very much!

:)

jamexxx, Mar 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart

Sudden Restart on Windows 10

Hi, Could any of you suggest me a solution to the issue of the sudden restart I've been suffering from for a while as my pc always restarts and gives me a blue error which says "your pc ran into a problem
    and needs to restart. It happens quite often more than 5 times a day and I've tried all the suggestions on YouTube, unfortunately none of them works. I need your urgent reply please. * My pc runs on Windows 10 Home premium 64 bit and it's a registered copy.
    Regards

ahmedyounus, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart

1. Windows 10 1909 Sudden Restart - Similar Threads - 1909 Sudden Restart

2. Windows suddenly restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows suddenly restarts: It only happens when the computer has been on, but without me using it. I discover it by tabs Firefox and 365 Outlook showing that I have to log in again. The same applies to Edge. It usually happens after 1-2 hours. NB. It is not a cold start, but a restart of Windows with...
  3. Windows suddenly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly restarts: It only happens when the computer has been on, but without me using it. I discover it by tabs Firefox and 365 Outlook showing that I have to log in again. The same applies to Edge. It usually happens after 1-2 hours. NB. It is not a cold start, but a restart of Windows with...
  4. Windows suddenly restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows restarting suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows restarting suddenly: ok i tried to reinstall windows two times but the issue is netflix app is causing pc to restart without any error. How do i know what hardware is causing issues?...
  6. windows restarting suddenly

windows restarting suddenly: ok i tried to reinstall windows two times but the issue is netflix app is causing pc to restart without any error. How do i know what hardware is causing issues?...
  7. windows restarting suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows suddenly restarted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly restarted.: My PC suddenly restarted. It froze for a couple of seconds and then I had a black screen. After that, it booted again. I didn't get a BSOD but windows produced a minidump file. I have attached it below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahlg_jnl9Asqi2L9FtODFc2a7-uY?e=ABYQrP...
  9. Windows suddenly restarted.

Windows suddenly restarted.: My PC suddenly restarted. It froze for a couple of seconds and then I had a black screen. After that, it booted again. I didn't get a BSOD but windows produced a minidump file. I have attached it below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahlg_jnl9Asqi2L9FtODFc2a7-uY?e=ABYQrP...
  10. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart: I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took seconds. What can I do? Fast start is disabled and did the same thing when turned on. There is no more updates and there is...