Windows 10: Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown

Discus and support Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, so I have win 10 pro 1909 latest os build .535 and when I watch for example a twitch 1080p/60fps stream via latest chrome browser my taskmanager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Samus01, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Samus01 Win User

Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown

hey,

so I have win 10 pro 1909 latest os build .535 and when I watch for example a twitch 1080p/60fps stream via latest chrome browser my taskmanager reports high gpu usage for the "desktop window manager process yet doesnt add it to the overall gpu % usage? Is it just me or is this really normal? Here a picture about it:

Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown [​IMG]

:)

Samus01, Dec 21, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown

Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown

1. Windows 10 / 1909 - task-manager bug, wrong gpu % usage shown - Similar Threads - 1909 task manager

2. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have been getting this kind of weird problem, i have built a new pc recently and sometimes it just freezes and i cant do almost nothing, followed by a restart 6 minutes laters, i have found out that in task manager my gpu gets to -1% when this happens, no graph updates...
  3. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager: Hi, i have been getting this kind of weird problem, i have built a new pc recently and sometimes it just freezes and i cant do almost nothing, followed by a restart 6 minutes laters, i have found out that in task manager my gpu gets to -1% when this happens, no graph updates...
  4. GPU gets to -1% usage in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager

High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager: I have an hp laptop with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd that came installed on the laptop,i have also installed a120gb ssd nvme that is currently running windows ondisk c. Disk d and e is a partition of the hdd. Since recently whenever I open a game which is installed on the ssd, the...
  6. High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager

High fluctuating hdd usage in performance of task manager but no cause shown in task manager: I have an hp laptop with 4gb ram and 1tb hdd that came installed on the laptop,i have also installed a120gb ssd nvme that is currently running windows ondisk c. Disk d and e is a partition of the hdd. Since recently whenever I open a game which is installed on the ssd, the...
  7. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  8. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  9. High CPU usage and Power usage by Admin as shown on Task Manager

High CPU usage and Power usage by Admin as shown on Task Manager: Hey folks! I just wanted to know if Admin having such a high CPU usage and power usage is normal or not. It's been the same for quite a while and accompanied with a loud fan noise, it makes me wonder if there's any problem with the laptop. Please suggest any fixes for this...
  10. Bug on Task Manager Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug on Task Manager Windows 10 Pro 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eaudegersson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvzcye/bug_on_task_manager_windows_10_pro_1909/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager gpu usage wrong

2. win 1909 100% cpu usage

3. more memory in use than showing in task manager windows 10 1909