Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 update

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ive restored my pc one too many times now trying to get the update to cooperate even chose the erase all files option its beginning to make me want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beast_Mharfach, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 update

ive restored my pc one too many times now trying to get the update to cooperate even chose the erase all files option its beginning to make me want to renounce MS and i prefer MS over apple android an yada yada as soon as it finishes resetting and begins installing updates.... welllll thats about as far as she gets they never fully install before the internal c drive clutters up had the pc a little over a year an have persistantly ran into this issue since then so i finally invested in a 1TB external Hard drive in the hopes of answering the problem with the low disk space but of course i still have yet to make any progress with it please help me through the nightmare its been forcing me to live for the last 3 days now since getting the hdd its been constant torture on me

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Model HP Laptop 14-cm0xxx
    System Type x64-based PC
    BIOS Version/Date AMI F.43, 09/05/2019
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1098"
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.46 GB
    Available Physical Memory 983 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 6.67 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.90 GB
    Page File Space 3.21 GB

Drive C:

Description Local Fixed Disk

Compressed No

File System NTFS

Size 27.89 GB 29,944,180,736 bytes

Free Space 2.61 GB

Volume Name Windows

Volume Serial Number 1EDCC0B7

Drive D:

Description Local Fixed Disk

Compressed No

File System NTFS

Size 929.87 GB

Free Space 916.63 GB

Volume Name Storage space

Volume Serial Number 98BE7ECE

:)

Beast_Mharfach, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 10, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1909 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 update

1. Windows 10 1909 update - Similar Threads - 1909 update

2. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  6. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  7. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

8. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2: For almost a year now and more than 20 tries, I've been trying to update the windows in my laptop from version 1909 to 22H2, all of which were unsuccessful.Despite having tried all the solutions provided by Microsoft in its support article, I still achieved no success in it....
  9. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2: For almost a year now and more than 20 tries, I've been trying to update the windows in my laptop from version 1909 to 22H2, all of which were unsuccessful.Despite having tried all the solutions provided by Microsoft in its support article, I still achieved no success in it....
  10. Impossible to update Windows 10 from 1909 to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Renounce to 20h2