Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High...

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Shame on M$, shame on Realtek. No sound device recognized. Tried uninstalling driver for HD audio from Device Manager but it gives error code 28 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hammerman2323, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High...

Shame on M$, shame on Realtek. No sound device recognized. Tried uninstalling driver for HD audio from Device Manager but it gives error code 28 as the driver it automatically installs is not digitally signed. Internal speakers not recognized. Audio jacks not recognized. USB speakers not recognized. Bluetooth speakers not working.

So rolled back to 1809 and turned off upgrades (again as similar issue with 1903 but at least with 1903 the Bluetooth speakers worked but 1909 even though the Bluetooth adapter is connected it will not channel sounds). But what happens when M$ turns off 1809?

Shame on you M$, how can you release such an unadulterated untested manure?

:)

hammerman2323, Nov 30, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Windows 10: No Sound.

The "High Definition Audio Device" is the generic basic function Windows installed sound driver. First step would be to install the correct sound driver (if one is available). If it has Realtek sound install the Realtek drivers, Conexant their drivers, etc.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High...

Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

Thank you for your suggestion!

I tried exactly the process you suggested and but unfortunately it did not work for me. However, as you suggested, the driver I have installed is the Microsoft driver! The Realtek driver did NOT work and that is why I Cancelled the Install part of the Realtek process.

What I think is happening, at least in my case, is that Realtek's Uninstall process works whereas when I clicked on Device Manager, Update driver, or Uninstall, the sound still would not work. At least in my case, what finally worked, is to let Realtek, rather than Device Manager, do the Uninstall and then let Windows install the driver.

Device Manager always has listed the same driver number no matter what I tried. However, by going to Search Dxdiag, I could see Realtek or Microsoft driver numbers. Interestingly, the driver number shown when the sound finally worked was what I stated in my write up but dated one day later at 7/10/15

Friendlycomputr, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High...

1. Windows 10 1909 upgrade No Sound No sound Devices Recognised - No solution to Realtek High... - Similar Threads - 1909 upgrade Sound

2. Lost Realtek Sound Device on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Realtek Sound Device on WIndows 10.: This is after I lost an entire operating system on a SSD on the same computer. It went into numerous automatic repairs and reboots then no SSD detected at all OS GONE! POOF!On the same computer I had another older hard drive with a windows 10 on it. when I booted to that it...
  3. Lost Realtek Sound Device on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Realtek Sound Device on WIndows 10.: This is after I lost an entire operating system on a SSD on the same computer. It went into numerous automatic repairs and reboots then no SSD detected at all OS GONE! POOF!On the same computer I had another older hard drive with a windows 10 on it. when I booted to that it...
  4. Lost Realtek Sound Device on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  6. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  7. My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared

My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared: Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was missing, that was the 'SpeakersRealtek High Definition Audio' device. Now whenever I plug in my headset, is no longer asks me...
  8. realtek sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek sound: my Realtek sound and microphone does not work anymore for some reason after i updated the driver.The sound icon is normal but when i try to test its say it cant play the test and i i hit troubleshoot it says audio services not responding.I tried rolling back the driver and i...
  9. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device: Hi all, I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible. Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my computer using a spliter that was connected to my monitor and I had it in combination with some speakers connected to the...
  10. Realtek High Definition Sound Problem

Realtek High Definition Sound Problem: Hello ! I reinstalled my Windows 10 a week ago and since then my sound is not working good. I'm using Realtek High Definition driver and it worked good before. But since i reinstalled my Windows the sound is really bad. It has like a little echo and it's really annoying....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 no audio

2. windows 10 1909 realtek error code 10

3. no sound after upgrading to windows 10 1909 version

4. realtek audio windows 10 update 1909