Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 VPN issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a Cisco VPN connection to connect to my office network. About 2 months back I had a windows 10 upgrade 1909. After that update I have been facing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PallaviBavishi, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

I use a Cisco VPN connection to connect to my office network. About 2 months back I had a windows 10 upgrade 1909. After that update I have been facing major internet speed issues on the VPN. I have a 120 mbps connection but I get 0.1 mbps once I am on the office VPN. My office IT is insistent that’s it’s an issue at the end of the service provider but for everyone else in my home there are no issues. My office has reinstalled my wifi driver, vpn software and upgraded my laptop but the issue is still not resolved. iT and ISP just want to pass the buck to each other but neither have any diagnos

:)

PallaviBavishi, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 24, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Windows 10 1909 VPN issues :D

P4-630, Jun 24, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

1. Windows 10 1909 VPN issues - Similar Threads - 1909 VPN issues

2. vpn issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vpn issue: hi,I've added free vpn but it is not showing in the list of vpn, i need to go back & again come to vpn section then its showing the vpn i added. after clicking on connect it is showing as connecting & continuesly loading but not getting connected.i used open vpn software...
  3. Windows 10 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 issue: I've been having issues with my windows since the last security update back around march 9 booting it up takes like 30 minutes now and when I check the disk usage my main hdd is running at 100% only program draining it seems to be system.exe, I've had corrupted hdd's before...
  4. VPN Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN Issues: This issue cropped up yesterday and I really can't get my head around it. Since March I've been working from home and I set my personal desktop PC up with everything I'd need to work, identical to how it is on my work laptop. The most important bit is the VPN's and mapped...
  5. VPN problems in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN problems in Windows 10 1909: I have just updated my Windows 10 to version 1019. I cannot stablish VPN connections anymore. The VPN settings window does not even work, so I cannot remove and setup again the VPN. Is this a known problem? What can I do to solve the issue?...
  6. Windows 10 1909 VPN connectivity issues

Windows 10 1909 VPN connectivity issues: Hello all, Having an issue that I troubleshooted down to Windows 10 specifically. A client of mine is having issues connecting two machines to a synology VPN server, there are 6 other machines that are able to connect to the VPN service without any issues. The two...
  7. VPN on Windows Version 10 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN on Windows Version 10 1909: Unable to connect my PC to Microsoft VPN. I have read the necessary help information on installing VPN but to no success. I need your tech assistance. Pop-up message reads: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might...
  8. VPN Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    VPN Issue: I'm using Virtual Shield as my VPN and it does not seem compatible with Windows 10. I have no internet access when its on. Any suggestions. MacAfee came with the computer but I do not like MacAfee....
  9. VPN not working in Windows 10 – Fix VPN problems & issues

in Windows 10 News
    VPN not working in Windows 10 – Fix VPN problems & issues: [ATTACH] A VPN is used by many either to make sure they are not traceable throughout the internet or sometimes its work that needs them to connect to VPN to be on a secure network. Sometimes, network issues result in an [...] This post VPN not working in Windows 10 – Fix VPN...
  10. VPN issues

VPN issues: Hi, I think this has been addressed before but can't find answers. My wifi stopped working. I keep getting this: the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve. I checked drivers, it's on pptp, I've reset in admin mode...still...